Has Anyone NOT done a site visit??

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 RaychelRae

• 446 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:47 PM

I realize that a site visit is the preferred route to go since you are able to make decisions first hand. However that does add yet another expense to the list. Part of me has the attitude that, we'll plan the best we can from home, be flexible, and even if things aren't exactly how we imagined them once we got there, the end result will still going to beautiful and a great time.

Has anyone planned their DW to Playa del Carmen without taking a site visit? If so, did everything turn out ok?

#2 Paige2010

• 208 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:21 PM

Well I haven't had the wedding yet but I am not planning on having a site visit. I am getting all the info I can from other brides that have been to our resort and just kind of hoping for the best from there. I actually think that will make the entire event even more exciting and special.

#3 *Lo*

• 2,993 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:24 PM

I have planned my wedding in Cabo without doing a site visit, mostly based on the reviews, advice and recommendations of brides on this forum. I do not think it is necessary to do one at all!

Did you have a specific resort you were considering?

#4 Future Mrs. Ligonde

Future Mrs. Ligonde
        • 25 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:25 PM

We don't plan on making a site visit. It would be nice, but I don't think it is necessary. With the forums, the on site coordinator, and the travel agent, I am confident that things will work out fine.

#5 RaychelRae

• 446 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:33 PM

Everything you all have said is what I was thinking, that there are SO many reviews and so many brides who have "been there/done that", that you can pretty much find out anything you want without visiting the place.

We are planning a catholic wedding in the little church on 5th ave, then staying at and having the reception at the Royal/Gran Porto (for those with kids)

I have heard nothing but great things about both of these venues, and when it gets closer to actual wedding time, I plan on just getting all the minor details from brides who have been there before.

I just didn't know if I were doing something completely unorthodox by not visiting beforehand.

#6 amybermuda

• 870 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

Hi RR - I have not done a site visit and do not plan on doing one. I like the idea of getting married on a whim, and even though its a lot of work and planning, it still feels free'er (if thats a word) to do it w/out a visit!

#7 Ginalyn

• 2,754 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:02 PM

I didn't do a site visit and everything turned out fabulous. I had decent email communication with the WC at my resort so we didn't feel like a site visit was necessary.

#8 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:28 PM

We didnt and are not doing a site visit. I go off of reviews and also our friends were married in turks 5 years ago!

I do not think it is necessary. No worries.

#9 SandalGirl

• 109 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:31 PM

We aren't doing one either. I'm sure it will be fine :)
                    March 4, 2010 ~ Mayan Riviera, Mexico

#10 SuzyQ76

• 484 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:48 PM

We're not doing a site visit either, but we have had relatives who have stayed at our resort in the past - and my TA is doing a site visit in Nov, so that will help ease our minds.
                      Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
                      Grand Riviera Princess

My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users