Tying on another woman's engagement ring?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 *Nadine*

• 5,466 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:09 PM

I think that's just plain silly. Personally I think there are bigger problems if someone thinks trying on someone elses ring, or someone trying on your ring, is bad luck. I don't even get where this would come from! I say go nuts! My ring gets passed around regularily and I could care less

#22 MayaLove

• 369 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:24 PM

I think it's a silly superstition. I don't mind if others try on my ring or if FI let someone else try it on. The ring is just a symbol of commitment and love and holds no special power or control over what happens in your life. :P
      Jenna & Chris
      Soon to have a lifetime supply of donuts.
      My BDW Blog

#23 doblauvelt

• 380 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:36 PM

I put my ring down on the table to dry my hands after washing them. A guy friend of mine put it on and I flipped out... mainly because it's MY ring and I didn't want anyone wearing it. This all happened after my FI told me it's bad luck that another person try on your ring lol. Needless to say, I dont have bad luck and hopefully won't have any in the future.

#24 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:53 PM

OMG-- I have never heard of it being superstious!?!??! I constantly give my ring to others to try on, i love it so much, that I love to see how it looks on other people! Heck i might like looking it at it more on others! LOL!

#25 wsarah2107

• 166 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:59 PM

I've let friends try it on....i think its bride's choice but would be kinda rude if someone you'renot really close to asked to try it on...I dunno. I think that if Fi would have let other ppl try in on after he bought it, before giving it to me...that would kinda bother me.
            I dontreally believe in those superstitions...but I get nervous when its not on me and want it back right away!! ha :)

#26 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by JulieG
              I honestly would be bothered by that. Not that its bad luck, but that is my ring, no one should be trying that on unless I tell them its okay. Now people have tried my ring on, but that is because I let them. I hope his FI doesn't find out about that, cause I can see that bothering her for sure. Not because of bad luck, but because its her ring.
              I agree with Julie, this is how I feel about it too. When I first became engaged to my (now) husband, my little sister asked to look at it and I agreed because in my mind, looking does not = putting it on. Then she went to put it on and I kind of had a psycho moment there and gave her crap for doing that without asking me...but it's mine and I feel that it is only polite that the person(s) wanting to try it on should ask first, just my opinion though.

#27 punkie569

• 255 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:56 PM

I'm usually superstious but I've never heard of this one. However I wouldn't like anyone wearing my ring because it's mine and it would just be weird for me to see someone else wearing it. I've had people ask me to see it but they just look at it on my finger. To me there is no reason why anyone would need to try it on. I would never ask to try on someone elses rings. Would you ask someone to take off their pants so you can try them on just because you liked them? haha....ok maybe thats different but still you get where I'm going with it. To each their own I guess.
                Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#28 sfrench0621

• 242 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

Never heard of this superstition, but wouldn't really care if someone else tried my ring on.

#29 IrishgirlinNY

• 938 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:45 PM

I wouldn't want anyone trying on my ring. People can see it on my finger. Having nothing to do with superstitions, just the ring was given to me along with a promise and love and it doesn't belong on anyone elses hand except the one my fiance put it on.

#30 ChristinaP

• 365 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:51 PM

I think it depends on the situation. I have had friends try on my ring, but there was a girl in my office once that asked to see it and we were sitting across a large table from eachother so I handed it to her. She put it right on...and wouldn't take it off! I was totally weirded out! I even had to ask her to give it back to me. I told me FI for a laugh, and he was actually pretty upset.
                      Everyone is different, but I would definitely want it to be my choice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users