What to wear at AHR???

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#91 sbg75

• 151 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

The dress, the dress, the dress!!!

And I'm not even going to lie and say that it's so everyone else can get to see me in it and 'experience my wedding' - hell no. It's so they can see me in it and for the first time ever think 'wow!'

Ha haha.

That dress is too expensive, too gorgeous and actually looks too nice on me for it to only ever have one outing. Believe me, I have so many body issues and hang ups that the opportunity to wear a dress that can pull in and push out all the right bits can never come too often for me.

Now.... if I could only find something that could do that to my face without involving pain I'd be a happy little bride to be! 

#92 kellykanester

• 236 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

I think I am going to wear my dress (as long as it isnt too trashed from our TTD) for dinner and the first dance and then change into a shorter dress

Happily married and now Mrs. West

#93 katman

• 170 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread....I think you've talked me into wearing my dress for the AHR. I wasn't too sure, given that we will be having a backyard style party on my FI parents farm.  I'd like to see it be a little bit formal (at least not jeans and tshirts :s) but am not sure how to ask that of my guests. I guess just include a "dress-code" section on the AHR invite? I still want it to feel like a wedding reception, and I don't want to look TOO out of place wearing my dress. How would u word that for dress-code?

#94 becassidy

• 151 posts
          • LocationNew York

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

I have been heavily contemplating this, its nice to see what others have done! I think I am going to wear it for the "daylight" time of our AHR and then change later.

#95 MillerK

• 30 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 15, 2014
          • Wedding Location:NY

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:27 AM

Good Ideas!! Wear wedding dress is also good and if you want to wear because lots of family might want to take pictures with you in it. It looks more "wedding reception like" if you're in the dress. Moreover,if you don't want to wear the wedding dress you can go for any party attire which is suitable for AHR or you feel comfortable. 

Edited by MillerK, 12 August 2014 - 04:28 AM.

#96 nadiakat17

• 462 posts
          • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

I dont think I will wear my wedding dress as much as I'd like to, I just feel like my AHR is going to be so casual and not really wedding like so I would feel weird- plus its an excuse to buy a new dress!

#97 calgarybride2015

• 4,504 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
          • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:56 AM

I dont think I will wear my wedding dress as much as I'd like to, I just feel like my AHR is going to be so casual and not really wedding like so I would feel weird- plus its an excuse to buy a new dress!

I agree. The AHR isn't your wedding day and I think I'd feel awkward. If I do have one I'd probably just wear a nice dress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#98 Lindsay30

• 45 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 21, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Iberostar Grand Paraiso. Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

I'm trying to decide what to wear for our home reception next Saturday! It's in our backyard and our invite specified informal celebration. If my husband had anything to say about it, he would be in a flannel and baseball hat. I'm going to try to get him to look a bit more decent, at least for the beginning of the party. I wasn't even going to wear 'white' but now I'm thinking weather it's an all white dress or a splash of white in a skirt or top, I will probably try to look somewhat 'bride'

This home reception is more stressful than our Mexico wedding!

#99 Kayla88

• 163 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 15, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Ocean Coral
          • LocationAlberta

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:40 PM

I will be wearing my dress for part of ours. We will be taking pictures with some "special" guest that weren't able to come to the wedding due to age and health issues and I know they would love to see me in my dress. This way we will be able to add those pictures to our wedding album. After that I will change into something better suited for a BBQ :)

#100 cometgirl

• 106 posts
          • Wedding Date:May 21, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

as long as my dress is not completely trashed after mexico, I will most likely wear it again! I love it and its not very often brides get to wear their dress twice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users