Photo

What to wear at AHR???

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Brenda&Jeff09

Brenda&Jeff09
  • 220 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

What is everyone wearing at the AHR? Are you wearing your wedding dress? I don't know what to do... we're getting married in December and the AHR is in late Feb.... we're not doing a real formal event... nice, but more of a "fiesta" to tie in our Mexican wedding. I don't want to go really casual, but I don't know if I should wear the dress or not. What do you think?
    http://tickers.Ticke....2315/event.png

22 booked... we're ready to go!!!

#2 ~Keira~

~Keira~
    • 1,338 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:59 AM

I'm having a more formal AHR so I'm going to wear my dress through dinner and a first dance. Then I am going to change into my party dress. I haven't 100% decided yet but I'm surely going to be getting one of these.

So far this is my #1 pick

A-line Strapless Knee-length Satin Wedding Dresses for Bride (HSX1205) - US$ 79.99

I also like this one too...

Empire Halter Knee-length Satin Tulle Wedding Dresses for Bride / Reception Dress (HSX1240) - US$ 69.99

Wholesale - China Wholesale - Buy Wholesale Products from Chinese Wholesaler is perfect for hunting down a fiesta appropriate dress.
      ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#3 mich999

mich999
      • 386 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

We had a cocktail party in a friend's backyard - I wore my dress the whole night and all my guests who couldn't make it to our wedding were so excited that I did.

#4 Brenda&Jeff09

Brenda&Jeff09
        • 220 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:16 AM

Keria... I love your 1st pick... VERY cute!!

mich999... good point! I was thinking it might be nice to wear the dress too, for the guests that can't make it to Mexico. The AHR site is putting up a big video screen so we can play a video of the wedding at the beginning of the reception... that way people who weren't there can see it... but I think maybe I should wear the dress too.

#5 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
          • 600 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

My wedding dress was super comfortable, so I wore it despite the fact that our AHR was in my in-laws backyard. Everyone was so excited to see us in our wedding attire since they didn't have the opportunity to be at the wedding.

#6 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,921 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:49 AM

I wore my dress. I changed later in the night and because it was out doors I wore white/blue kakis and cute top/sweater. It was cooler so I didn't wear the party dress I was planning on... good thing I brought something warmer!

#7 ~Keira~

~Keira~
              • 1,338 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:53 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Meg&Shay
                Keira - your 1st dress is so cute - it's a knockoff of this BCBG dress that I absolutely LOVE: BCBGMAXAZRIA Strapless Appliqu© Dress - - Nordstrom
                Man good eye. I had no idea, I just thought it was hot.
                ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#8 mich999

mich999
                • 386 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:57 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Brenda&Jeff09
                  Keria... I love your 1st pick... VERY cute!!

mich999... good point! I was thinking it might be nice to wear the dress too, for the guests that can't make it to Mexico. The AHR site is putting up a big video screen so we can play a video of the wedding at the beginning of the reception... that way people who weren't there can see it... but I think maybe I should wear the dress too.

Brenda - literally the first thing almost everyone said to me (well, the ladies : ), was, I'm so excited/glad you wore you're dress!! I posted this in my thoughts on my AHR in the AHR forum, but what I really ralized afterwards is that while you don't think of the AHR as your wedding (nor is it), those who couldn't attend pretty much view the AHR as the wedding and wearing your wedding attire so they can feel like they saw you on your big day makes it really special for them.

We had pictures everywhere of our wedding, but that couldn't make up for seeing me in person in the dress - I highly recommend it, even if you decide to change later.

#9 Brenda&Jeff09

Brenda&Jeff09
                  • 220 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely wear it.

#10 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
                    • 280 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mich999
                      Brenda - literally the first thing almost everyone said to me (well, the ladies : ), was, I'm so excited/glad you wore you're dress!! I posted this in my thoughts on my AHR in the AHR forum, but what I really ralized afterwards is that while you don't think of the AHR as your wedding (nor is it), those who couldn't attend pretty much view the AHR as the wedding and wearing your wedding attire so they can feel like they saw you on your big day makes it really special for them.

We had pictures everywhere of our wedding, but that couldn't make up for seeing me in person in the dress - I highly recommend it, even if you decide to change later.
                      Good thought! I agree with you completely and my fiance and I actually rethought our AHR and instead of doing a picnic we are doing a more formal reception but nothing too fancy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users