Question for anyone doing the legal part at home

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#1 tammikins

tammikins
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:42 PM

Hi everyone!

So for people who are doing the legal part of the weddnig before (or after) the DW, where are you guys going to do it? It doesn't make sense to rent out a place for just a couple people, but I still want it to look decent. Any ideas?

Tamara

#2 Blkatz

Blkatz
    • 1,025 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:48 PM

We did our service in the chapel and then we had a little brunch at my mother inlaw's house. She had bagels and lunch meats and cakes. It was perfect

#3 AJandNate2010

AJandNate2010
      • 58 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

We are holding our legal ceremony right before our at home reception. Our home reception is 2 weeks after our DW and we are just having a 4 hour dessert and cocktail reception starting at 8 PM. We're having our legal ceremony at 7pm so we'll just have family come a little early. We originally were going to have it before our DW but it didn't make sense to rent a separate space or have our family travel twice.
        http://ticker.7910.o....1hcnJpZWQh.gif

Final guest count... 63 adults and 10 kids!!

#4 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
        • 301 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by tammikins
          Hi everyone!

So for people who are doing the legal part of the weddnig before (or after) the DW, where are you guys going to do it? It doesn't make sense to rent out a place for just a couple people, but I still want it to look decent. Any ideas?

Tamara
          we are doing our legal ceremony by a judge just before our AHR...venue is on a lake so there is a gazebo to have a small ceremony...kinda nice for those who will be unable to travel to our first wedding.

#5 clairisse

clairisse
          • 492 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

We're doing it at City Hall (several months before the "real" wedding South). Mostly because we're moving abroad and it will just make things easier for us . Only our families will be there - it's a 9am thing - and we'll go out for a nice breakfast afterwards.

#6 kimkrieger

kimkrieger
            • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:23 PM

Does getting married at the court house right before affect passport documentation due to name change?

#7 farrahla

farrahla
              • 58 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:28 PM

We just did ours at city hall in San Francisco. SF's city hall was gorgeous, so it was really nice. Then just a couple family members and friends went out to dinner.

#8 jaynreneewed

jaynreneewed
                • 184 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:08 PM

We're secretly getting married at home before and not telling our guests! I know that sounds rude but Its so much easier. Less paper work, no blood test, ect...

#9 ali0284

ali0284
                  • 226 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:11 PM

We are getting married first and not telling anyone too. It will be one less thing to worry about right before your married. We aren't going to exchange rings or anything...we will do that at the ceremony

As for your question farrah, I was told as long as you don't change your name on your license/passport you will be fine. Just do that when you come home!
                    ~*I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives a feeling an earthy feeling*~

#10 mexicana bride

mexicana bride
                    • 165 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:21 PM

We're going to City Hall just with our parents as witnesses. We figured we didn't want people to feel ripped off after they're flying in to see us getting married, but later find out it was unofficial. So we're keeping it on a totally hush hush.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users