Photo

Hair and make-up artist??

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#71 mayakoba2010

mayakoba2010
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:13 PM

That's my plan too! Trial night of our Welcome dinner and a quick hairstyle change so its different. Glad to hear making the deposit in his sister's account in legit. I am planning on going to Chase tomorrow.

#72 lalanyc

lalanyc
    • 363 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:37 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by chipotle99
      I'm curious to see what he says, and although I do think he is charging US prices for a Mexico market....I think the price difference makes sense.

If his rate is $330 for his makeup application, then essentially it's a discounted rate, and he's really offering a $150 discount because it's just a trial, and he's taking the chance that you will like it and book him for the real thing. Kinda like how cake tasting is free...

I can't decide what to do...I do want the best for my wedding day but his prices is the same as the flight to Mexico cost me! Uggghh...what to do...
      No, I think the $330 should always be for BOTH trial and application. Based on the rates I've been seeing, that is WAY too high...

#73 jesmcan

jesmcan
      • 1,091 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:24 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just to let you know I asked Fernando about the timeing.

He said for the trial he needs 1 hour and 45 minutes - 2 hours. For the actual day of the wedding for 6 bridesmaids and myself he needs 3 to 3 and half hours.
        The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#74 ask9999

ask9999
        • 82 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:34 PM

Hi ladies,
          I used Fernando from makeup pros for my makeup and he brought someone (blanking on his name) for my hair--- they both did a wonderful job and I highly recommend both of them. I am goign to write a review but wanted to post something because I know a lot of people (including me until recently) have questions about them. They are great!
          -arielle

#75 jesmcan

jesmcan
          • 1,091 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:06 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ask9999
            Hi ladies,
            I used Fernando from makeup pros for my makeup and he brought someone (blanking on his name) for my hair--- they both did a wonderful job and I highly recommend both of them. I am goign to write a review but wanted to post something because I know a lot of people (including me until recently) have questions about them. They are great!
            -arielle
            Thanks can't wait for the review and to see pics! I am using both of them as well.

#76 BethBride1

BethBride1
            • 106 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 1, 2010
            • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:19 AM

I may have missed this infor, but is his price $330 per person? I have myself & 5 bridesmaids that want to get their makeup done, so do we each pay that, or is that the total cost?

#77 chipotle99

chipotle99
            • 311 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:22 AM

That's the cost for you the bride, for the BM's it's like $80 a piece for makeup and $60 for hair or something (don't quote me, I can't remember, but I just know it's less than bridal)

#78 jesmcan

jesmcan
              • 1,091 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:37 PM

yes the $330 is just for the bride and than make up for BM's is $80 and hair depending on the length starts at $45 - $75

#79 arizonabride

arizonabride
                • 45 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

Someone asked, but I didn't see the answer:

Do you have to pay for Fernando's day pass on top of his fee?

#80 Mrs.Smith

Mrs.Smith
                  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Sandra&Mario
                    I had Adrian Guerra! He was fantastic to work with and did an incredible job!
                    Hi Sandra! ---would you mind please sending me Adrians contact info? i would really like to see if he is available for my wedding day. thanks so much!
                    email: etter80@aol.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users