Hair and make-up artist??

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#1 BellaBeachBabe

BellaBeachBabe
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:10 PM

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking for a hair and make-up stylist for my wedding on June 5, 2010. Anyone know any good ones? I will be getting married at Dreams Tulum...

Thanks in advance!

Jessica

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Gail

Gail
    • 358 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

Ilka Monforte is awesome. I used her. I'll be getting back my professional pics in 7-10 days and will post. she does make-up for tv.... she is expensive though. check out her web site. i have her private e mail and number if you are interested. she also charged a travel fee. her sister is local and she did our hair. she is cheaper. she does make up to. Even though expensive, she was beyond worth it. she stayed and touched up after ceremony for pics on beach and then again after that for reception. i needed it, it was so hot!!! Let me know if you have any questions.

Also, I used del sol photogr and sol's sister does make-up. she recently moved to mexico. she did my make-up for ttd and was inexpensive
      Pro wedding pic slide show

http://delsolphotogr....eries/?gal=142

#3 Gail

Gail
      • 358 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:16 PM

Danielle also used her and also felt she was well worth it. Her pics are on iberostar forum
        (dbellie)

#4 BellaBeachBabe

BellaBeachBabe
        • 59 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Gail
          Danielle also used her and also felt she was well worth it. Her pics are on iberostar forum
          (dbellie)

Thanks Gail! I will check out her pics! Let me know when you post yours! I would appreciate her private e-mail if possible? You can send it to me via the forum or to my private e-mail: Click the image to open in full size.

#5 Gail

Gail
          • 358 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

ilkamonforte@hotmail.com. don't get alarmed she is slow at answering sometimes. she explained she travels alot and sometimes don't check for wk. you can tell her i referred you. pm me if i can help, i don't get on forum as much anymore. new job-busy!

#6 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
            • Vendor
            • 1,243 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:27 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Gail
              Also, I used del sol photography and sol's sister does make-up. she recently moved to mexico. she did my make-up for ttd and was inexpensive
              Yep, del Sol is now offering Makeup!

Sara, Sol's sister is now taking reservations for her services... I've put info about her on our website. She is a near twin match to Sol, so its kinda crazy seeing them in the same room :)

Email for samples of some of her past brides :)
              cheers and thanks for the plug Gail!
              mateo

#7 NaM

NaM
              • 2,256 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:37 AM

wohoo! I just email Melissa about this yesterday so hopefully I will hear back soooon. Thanks :)

#8 trvlgrl

trvlgrl
                • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:47 PM

I used Fernado Fuentes. He was AMAZING! I know he is working on a website but his email address is themakeuppros@hotmail.com. I loved his work so much I wanted to take him back to the states. :)

#9 laura4ever

laura4ever
                  • 89 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:53 AM

Did Fernado do hair and makeup?

#10 NaM

NaM
                    • 2,256 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:10 PM

I just hired Fernando and will be using him next week. He doesn't do hair..but he brings someone who does so yes, it's a package deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users