Photo

Are white pants okay?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Anna83

Anna83
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

Is it okay to wear white pants as a guest to a wedding? Would any of you brides have been offended if one of your guests was wearing white?

#2 roo66

roo66
    • 1,001 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

If its an at home wedding then no i wouldnt wear white pants.Destination wedding yep id be fine.hope that helps

#3 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
      • 5,466 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

I definitely wouldn't be offended in the slightest! But I know how some girls are about other people wearing white to their wedding so maybe just ask the bride?

#4 Butterflyf369

Butterflyf369
        • 706 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

My theme is white so I've asked guests to wear white chic. I think it's fine but good to ask the bride her preference.

#5 ~Debra~

~Debra~
          • 500 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:15 PM

I would ask the bride. I had a guest not only wear white pants but also a white top with all white shoes. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little thrown back because she had on ALL white. If it was just white pants, I probably wouldn't have cared but ALL white....I wasn't upset about it. I mean it didn't ruin my day but I definitely noticed...

#6 clairisse

clairisse
            • 492 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

I definitely wouldn't be offended. Then again, I'm pretty laid back for that kind of thing. Though I'm not sure I'd be ok with someone wearing a tuxedo t-shirt... :) So maybe I'm not THAT laid back afterall.

#7 Anna83

Anna83
              • 288 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:22 PM

I don't really know the bride well enough to ask her. It is an at home wedding, but they are having it on the beach. I don't think we're going to the actual wedding, just to the reception. I definately wouldn't wear a white top. I bought the white pants a while ago and haven't had a chance to wear them yet, and I really want to.

#8 mrsrhbtobe

mrsrhbtobe
                • 387 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:54 PM

I wouldn't be offended at all. White is the hottest color right now, and I think you'll be fine, as long as you pair it with a cute top and some shoes that are not white.
                  Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#9 aimee!

aimee!
                  • 696 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:52 PM

i'm not sure how i'd feel about this one if it was my wedding. i would say maybe as long as the shirt didn't have ANY white in it. but every bride is different. :)
                    Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#10 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,328 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Anna83
                      I don't really know the bride well enough to ask her. It is an at home wedding, but they are having it on the beach. I don't think we're going to the actual wedding, just to the reception. I definately wouldn't wear a white top. I bought the white pants a while ago and haven't had a chance to wear them yet, and I really want to.
                      I think it depends on the crowd and where you're from. Around here, pants are a no, and white pants are definitely a no. IMO when in doubt, err on the side of caution and wear a dress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users