Sign in to follow this  
jennie

Help!Hair color's is different than in passport.

Help ladies!!!!

I just changed mt hair color from the blonde that you see in my pic here, to a dark brown/auburn with carmel highlites all over to lighten it up a bit.

I'm a hairstylist, so it's always different. But, my driving license is an old picture of me with blonde hair. My passport I got issued last year and my hair is down with the top part blonde and alittle of the underneath dark.

Problem being: I just was sitting here and thought....OMG!!! Am I going to have a problem when going through customs now? Has anyone changed their hair color in a way that it's different than in their passport picture?

I would imagine that they would look at facial features and if i wore my hair in a ponytail it would be OK.

Any suggestions?

I wouldn't worry. I've changed my hair a million times over. Cut it short, added extensions, gone from black to blonde to red and back. They customs officer won't be looking at hair colour they'll be looking at facial features. So unless you've had a nose job, cheek implants or otherwise since you passport photo I wouldn't fret.

Focus on the exciting bit. You're getting married in less then a month!! Woo hoo!!

Exactly! don't worry, they don't look at that as it's only cosmetics. Image someone who wears glasses and changes them every year, they would have to get a new passport. don't worry, it'll be fine! :)

My hair color is always different as well & I have never had any trouble at customs. My pic has brown hair & I have traveled with blonde, red, & almost black hair. I have also traveled the red-eye flights where you are not looking your best & have never had my passport even double checked. Generally they just ask you where you are going, how long, & what for. If you are just nice and chat with the agent they don't seem interested in searching you over. I wouldn't worry about it.

I also think you should be fine in my passport photo I have dark brown hair now I am closer to a blond and I have used my passport twice without a problem.

Yeah you have no worries. Passports are good for 10 years, just imagine how much we change over that time. My picture looks different from how I am now and I've never been questioned. Might be because FI is always with me and he's the one they give a hard time to:)

Like said don't worry about your hair color. The only thing they would ever even use the hair color is if something were to happen to you, god forbid. You should really always put your natural hair color on there.

My daughter got her passport when she was 3 months old for us to go to Australia & New Zealand and her eyes were blue. My concern was what if her eyes end up brown and we travel over seas a couple times a year. I called and asked and they said no biggy. They use your pic to identify main features, and check to make sure the photo isn't fraud and of course your passport is linked to all kinds of things such as trying to travel to another country w/ a felony or what may be a felony in that country, etc.

Oh and her eyes are now brown!

No worries girl! In my passport photo I have a bob with tons of blonde streaks, and when I came through customs for the wedding my hair was middle of my back and deep chocolate brown.

The customs Officer looked at me a littel funny initially, and definitely checked my passport twice-- just equip yourself with backup ID (driver's licence and birth cert.) and remember... You know that it is you! So don't be nervous, and they will know that it's just a cosmetic change and not an illegitimate passport. :)