Photo

Calling all *Curvacious* women!!

• Please log in to reply
1026 replies to this topic

#511 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:53 AM

Susie - lol! You know, if you think you're going to have a problem with yoru dress and seeing that it's being made for you, you still have a chance to change what you want. You may want to consider that, if you're worried.

#512 SusieQ

SusieQ
    • 1,603 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:08 AM

I may go try on something flowy at a shop around here just get a feel for how it looks. I'll buy the spanx first lol....

#513 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
      • 712 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:43 AM

Where do you get Spanx anyway? Does Macys Sell them? I'm going to the outlets this weekend (while my FI goes fishing) so I may be able to find something at the bali, playtex etc outlet (but not spanx).

#514 brandynd

brandynd
        • 221 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

Hmm...we don't have Macy's out here in the boondocks, so I'm not sure if they carry them, but Dillards has them, as well as Younkers.
          There is no better gift that can be given than the gift of ones self.

#515 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
          • 2,458 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

I think Macy's carries them but I'm not sure how large their sizes go - the last time I was there, they were pretty limited on the sizes. I wonder if "plus size" stores carry them in the larger sizes? I mean, I know the SPANX come in larger sizes - I'm just not sure how widely available they are.
            Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#516 ClintsGurl09

ClintsGurl09
            • 660 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

Ladies, if you are looking for a Spanx in larger sizes I would check Lane Bryants. They have all sizes and different types. Hope this helps ;]

#517 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
              • 223 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:21 PM

Try Bras, Panties, Lingerie & More - HerRoom. They have a ton of plus sized shapewear besides Spanx. Their Spanx were also cheaper than Lane Bryant. I purchased mine through Her Room, and they had fast shipping.

#518 finzup

finzup
                • 468 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:54 PM

nordstrom and lane bryant sell them as well

target sells their own brand "assets" or something..

-Katie
                  Have you met Alice?
                  http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

#519 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
                  • 516 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:13 PM

I tried on no less that 15 flowy dresses determined to keep it simple and flowy. They were all either strapless and would look funny if we put straps on them or made me look prego. I finally found a dress that is more structured but made of the brushed satin so it is lighter than the heavy typical materials. Good news it is looks great even without the poofy extra slip so that saves me heat wise.

#520 khomac

khomac
                    • 380 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:36 PM

I got my Spanx at Lane Bryant definately has plus sizes. Heather, I'm 250lbs and that is a size "E". They had sizes C-E for sure (C being like 150 I think).

Also when I was shopping at Davids Bridal, they sell a type of Spanx. The girl said it is the same manufacturer, but theirs sells for $15 (in Duluth, MN) whereas Lane sold them for $35.

I purchased Spanx Higher Power High-Waisted Mid-Thigh Shaper 032 - Spanx Hosiery - which sits under the breasts, and half way down the thigh. I purchased these ones because they cover the thigh to prevent heat rashes on my thighs when they rub in the heat
                      Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
                      Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users