Deadly swine flu virus in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
1047 replies to this topic

#351 pixystix

• 21 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

I am so sorry to hear about those of you who have had your weddings canceled!! I hope you guys are able to figure out a plan B. You think they would try to find another option so that you could still have your wedding on or around the same day. I am praying that all of you still have the dream wedding you dreamed about :)

Has anyone heard of any of the resorts in Cabo taking any special precautions or changing anything at all?

Getting married on June 20,09 at the Sheraton Hacienda in Cabo del Sol, Mexico!!

#352 kimrae99

• 103 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by AsianBride2B
      My wedding is cancelled thanks to Sunquest... super pissed and dissapointed! I was super excited to leave this weekend!! CRAP CRAP CRAP!!! This blows!
      I'm so sorry AsianBride2B. My thoughts are with you.

I hate the swine flu!!

#353 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
      • 582 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by heidi_lk
        Thanks, I appreciate everyones support. This forum is the only thing keeping me going right now. The reason it doesnt look good for May is because there are 26 of us going and no flights have that many free seats. I guess everyone is scrambling and trying to rebook. To make matters worse the company I am travelling with has said absolutely NO REFUNDS, just issuing travel vouchers. If the airline doesnt come up with something I am goingto make it my life mission to ensure no one flies with them again.... so frustrated!
        Heidi - if the travel company insisted that you cancel and it was not your decision, they should give you a refund. In my opinion, keeping your money for a decision THEY made would be grounds for a lawsuit.....take them to court!

#354 n&n112109

• 216 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:04 PM

I feel so sorry for all of you May/June girls!!! I sure hope this media frenzy is over and done with by November!

#355 Shay2679

• 493 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:11 PM

Our Air Canada Vacations flight was just cancelled.

I don't even know where to begin as far as...who to contact...what to cancel...how to get my money back....when to cry...when not to cry...

#356 jmiranda

• 697 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

Im so sorry to hear that Sunquest cancelled you weddings...I really dont understand how they are managing to do this. If you have all already paid them. Whats stopping them from giving everyone there tickets to fly?

#357 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:19 PM

there have actually been a few brides that have problems with sunquest even before this. they tend to arbitrarily cancel flights at their discretion and can do so because they are charter flights.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
              Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#358 CaboBride2010

• Banned
              • 248 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

OMG Shay I am so sorry this is happening West Jet has now cancelled all flights to Mexico from May 4 - June 20!!!

WestJet suspends flights to Mexico, Calgary travellers undeterred

I really hope American companies dont follow suit as I am pretty sure that now every Canadian company has stopped flights...

#359 BN Fotografia

BN Fotografia
                • 217 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

I am so sorry that so many weddings are being cancelled and that so many people are experiencing high stress levels. Chins up ladies, somehow, somewhere, there will be a silver lining.

I am on the ground in Mexico. My husband and I live in Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo and can say this - there are many things that you can catch and be bitten by in Mexico, and that has not stopped travel to this country in the past because, for the most part, only a handfull of people get bitten every year or catch something. My life, and the life of my friends here, proceeds as normal albeit with a little more caution i.e. no one is kissing to greet each other, no one is shakes hands and we are using hand sanitizer. These are small and I believe temporary changes.

If you need someone from within Mexico to help you during this time - my husband and I can speak Spanish and we will try our best to assist you.

I just checked Alaska Airlines' site and the following was posted:

Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air continue to monitor the current conditions surrounding the outbreak of influenza in and around Mexico. The safety of our customers and employees is our highest priority. The following options are being provided if your travel is impacted by the outbreak.

If you're traveling to/from Mexico from April 27 through May 20, 2009, you're allowed to make the following changes:

Change fees and/or additonal fare collection will be waived if the rescheduled flights are booked in the original class of service to the same city pairs as originally ticketed. Rescheduled travel must commence on or before May 20, 2009.
                  If new travel commences after May 20, change fees will be waived, however, additional fare collection will apply if the fare has increased.
                  If you wish to keep your travel date, but change your destination, you won't be charged a change fee, however you will be charged or credited a difference between the new and old fares.

#360 drtracy

• 436 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:27 PM

So sorry for all of you that have had things cancelled. We are fingers-crossed for leaving on Monday. Hopefully this will all blow over and the US airlines won't cancel.

Here's another good video from Congressman Ron Paul.

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users