Sign in to follow this  
KJT1985

***TTD (Trash the Dress) Thread - please post all of your questions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamperamma View Post
I wish you all the best with this, there is no way to make everyone happy, so my suggestion is to do what makes you happy.
I agree, this is your special day, not theirs. I am sure when they tied the knot there were naysayers as well. The point is there will ALWAYS be naysayers, you have to do what makes you happy.

Ever since I got engaged I've gotten so much UNWANTED opinions from people. I just nod, grin and bear it. It's YOUR wedding, if you want to spend $$ on a TTD do it!!

The most important thing to remember is it is your day! You need to do what you and your FI want....a lot of people couldn't believe we were doing a TTD....if it's what you guys want the DO IT!!! After the wedding is all said and done nobody will have anything to say and you will just feel disappointed if you didn't do something that you wanted to do

My mother actually HATED the idea of a TTD, but its mostly because her (and I) would like to show off my "real" wedding dress at the AHR. So as a compromise I bought a second dress to use for my TTD, and she was totally content! She loves the pictures that come out of a TTD session, but we were all thinking of the AHR. I say do what you want, what makes YOU happy. After all, you can't please everyone! :)

Holly, this is your one shot so if you guys want ttd pics you owe it to yourselves to do it! You already have a separate dress for it so "trashing" a dress isn't even an issue (which was an incredible deal, btw). I bet FI's parents will end up loving the pics once they've seen them. How could they not? They're so unique & special!

I understand how they could make your blood boil, but try to just ignore the comments. And if that doesn't work, just come on here & unload! keep up the good fight. :)

DO IT!!!!!! I have the in laws from he*l!! She rolls her eyes and makes stupid comments under her breath alllll the time!! It was really starting to get to me so now, I don't tell her anything. Its not her wedding, she isn't paying for it, so, she just has to deal with it. She's the main reason were having a AHR, so I made it a point to tell her were doing TTD just to make her mad, I didn't bother to tell her I have a second dress!! lol.....Two can play that game!! wink.gif

Strangly, Once I stopped calling it TTD, and started calling it a day after shoot. the parents became much more accepting of it. Maybe you could try that to see if it helps at all.