Photo

Who loves to Read???

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#101 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:20 PM

I love anything by Nora Roberts and Sandra Brown -- they are fiction, mystery romance, drama.

#102 Chiquita

Chiquita
    • 2,674 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:22 PM

Oh the Other Boelyn Girl was a good book. A bit different than the movie but I found it easy to read and interesting :)

#103 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
      • 2,287 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:08 PM

books and movies are always different!

#104 bholthof

bholthof
        • Banned
        • 323 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:53 PM

I also love anything Jaqueline Carey's books... I forgot to add that earlier. Hers are amazing.
          21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#105 randp8910

randp8910
          • 30 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

Hello All! I just started reading a book that my soon to be Uncle gave us as an engagement gift...The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. At first, I wasn't sure about reading it, because it seems like a self help book,and my fiance and I have a great relationship...but as I started reading it, it really makes you think about your relationshiop...I'd recommend it :-)

Oh, and yes, I LOVE the twilight series as well!
            Riviera Maya
            August 2010

#106 breeze616

breeze616
            • 1,760 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:24 PM

I'm trying to find a new fantasy author, so if anyone has any recommendations...

I like to read fantasy, chick-lit (only the funny stuff, not the tear jerkers), historical fiction and Stephen King.

Fav Authors - Stephen King, Diana Gabaldon, Terry Goodkind, Sophie Kinsella, Marion Keyes, Maeve Binchy, J.K. Rowling, Anne Rice's old stuff. The Twilight series was pretty good and I really liked Stephanie Meyers' - The Host.

#107 meghan

meghan
              • 832 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:31 PM

I love love love the shopaholic series (by Sophie Kinsella) as well as Emily Giffin, who has already been mentioned. I'm addicted to all those books!

#108 blushingbride

blushingbride
                • 366 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:28 AM

I saw the movie and read the book for The Other Boleyn Girl and enjoyed the book better. I have tagged on pretty late to the series, but I am now reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyers. I can't put it down!!!!!!!!!

#109 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                  • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:26 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by breeze616
                    The Twilight series was pretty good and I really liked Stephanie Meyers' - The Host.
                    I was wondering how the Host was. Glad to hear that it's good. I'll probably pick it up once it's in paperback.

#110 aimee!

aimee!
                    • 696 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lisaloo79
                      I was wondering how the Host was. Glad to hear that it's good. I'll probably pick it up once it's in paperback.
                      i've been wanting to read that one too! i've been on the library waiting list for a while now, and i'm still only number 190! lol, i guess i'll have to wait another month or so.

are any of you members on goodreads.com? it's kind of like facebook or netflix for books. facebook because you can have friends and see their updates, netflix because you rate books. it's my new addiction. :)
                      Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users