Photo

Makeup Primer?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
  • 997 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:03 PM

At Sephora, the girls recommended two types of primer...the Smashbox one and a primer by Tarte!

#42 aimee!

aimee!
    • 696 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:24 PM

The MAC counter recommended their product "matte" to me. It's different than their "prep & prime" (which is more of a lotion) because it's a clear gel. I loved it the day she put it on for me, but havn't purchased it yet because they were out.
      Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#43 carolina24

carolina24
      • 1,573 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:40 PM

thanks for bumping this! i just spent $90 at MAC for their new mineral make-up and just dont like it...too heavy (its mineral cream). i always wondered about primer, especially b/c i have large pores. maybe i can get the smashbox photo finish and go back to bare minerals? i have oily skin and i dont want to be shiny in my pics!!

#44 btn1091

btn1091
        • 180 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

I also used a photo finish primer...and it was amazing!! It reflected the light of the camera and really made my skin look flawless!! Any good makeup artist should have it (that's where I got mine)... try getting your make up done and see what he/she suggests?!

#45 mrsrhbtobe

mrsrhbtobe
          • 387 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

I use the Smashbox Photofinish bronzing primer everyday....and definitely will use it on my wedding day. Don't be scared by the bronzing part of it. I am super pasty normally and it doesn't make me look like I've over done my makeup. It really does feel light on your skin and I like how it looks in pics. I just cover mine with a pressed powder (MAC studio fix), add bronzer, and go.
            Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#46 momichele

momichele
            • 203 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:29 PM

Looks like I am going to look into Smashbox Photofinish. Thanks for the advice girls. I need alot of help in this area especially b/c I am doing my own makeup.

#47 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
              • Banned
              • 2,710 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:40 AM

Hey ladies! Found this and thought I would share:

http://www.foxnews.c... Wedding Makeup

#48 Cindy*

Cindy*
                • 2,655 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:19 AM

Great article, thanks!

#49 adcarter41

adcarter41
                  • 188 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

I'm so helpless when it comes to makeup. I've never even heard of primer but it sounds like something I could use. Great thread!

#50 pfeiffla

pfeiffla
                    • 155 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

I love primed & poreless for a makeup primer.  You can get it at Sephora for sure.  It leaves your skin feeling silky and I can definitely tell when I forget to use it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users