Photo

Makeup Primer?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:11 PM

Are any of you using makeup primer for your wedding? Or does anyone know any useful information about it.....

#2 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:29 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by TOESNTHESND
      Are any of you using makeup primer for your wedding? Or does anyone know any useful information about it.....
      I honestly don't know what I'll be doing for my wedding make up, but I definitely want it to be more of a natural glowy look.

Any-who, make up primer can be a really great tool! I've used a few different ones, and overall they create a smooth(er) surface for makeup application & keeps your makeup looking fresher longer. It's also a nice alternative if you don't like to use foundation - just smooth on the primer & dust with a little powder. I think it would be a good product for Cabo brides - especially summer brides. The heat could definitely melt your face off!

My favorite that I've tried is ColorScience Line Tamer. It has all kinds of botanical stuff in it and it's really calming for my sometimes irritates skin.

#3 -Kate-

-Kate-
      • VIP Member
      • 7,676 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:30 PM

I use Smashbox photo finish product whenever I have to get really made up and it works. I don't know if it classifies as a primer, but it fills in and areas of your skin that need it so that foundation looks smooth. You can also use it alone as a mattifier.

#4 Janet

Janet
        • VIP Member
        • 7,459 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:17 PM

I've heard the Smashbox primer is awesome. Haven't used it myself though. I'd recommend going to Sephora for samples, if you live near one.

#5 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
          • 486 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:59 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JANET1111
            I've heard the Smashbox primer is awesome. Haven't used it myself though. I'd recommend going to Sephora for samples, if you live near one.
            Janet- You read my mind. I did go to Sephora and they recommend Smashbox and Nars. I use Nars makeup now and really like it. I am going to buy both and see how it goes.

#6 NATASHA

NATASHA
            • 646 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:06 PM

I use the Smashbox Photo Finish stuff. I've never heard of a primer before. I'm not a very good make up person, but I love the stuff for going out. I have sensitive skin and it works beautifully for me without irritating my skin.
              Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#7 DARCILYNN

DARCILYNN
              • 10 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 12:10 AM

Laura Mercier also has AMAZING primer!!! I use it almost every day and it is very light but keeps my makeup on and pretty fresh all day. They sell this at Sephora too.
                Darci & Ryan
                Cabo San Lucas
                October 27, 2007

#8 gkashmira

gkashmira
                • 1,962 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 12:41 AM

OK, I know this may sound dumb.. what is make-up primer?
                  Kashmira & Dan
                  Happily married since June 16, 2007
                  http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                  Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                  Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#9 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:44 AM

Well Kash, you and I must be the non- makeup wearing girls of the group. I was wondering the same thing!

#10 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                    • VIP Member
                    • 11,403 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 04:27 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by gkashmira
                      OK, I know this may sound dumb.. what is make-up primer?
                      Have you ever painted a wall before? Think of it as a base coat you would put down before painting a wall. Or like when you get a pedicure, they put down a primer/base coat before the nail color. It just kinda smoothes everything out & allows your make up to go on easier & stay on longer. For those that have large pores (like me), it's great because it keeps my face from literally eating my makeup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users