Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!


  • Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#3561 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
  • Jr. Member
  • 359 posts

    Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:11 PM


    Hmmm I'd like to know I am a Thursday bride


     

    Originally Posted by luvmoo 

    Hmm i wonder how that works if our wedding is on a thursday night and we were planning on doing a bonfire lol.. do they then have two going? one for the wedding and one for the resort? or would they change the night of the resort one? 
     



     



     



    #3562 bruceg05

    bruceg05
    • Site Supporter
    • 67 posts

      Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

      I'm trying to go green with my wedding and not print off a crap ton of stuff.  So I just referred everyone to my website because I know that everyone besides 2 people on the list have a computer.  My website says:

      "Being that the wedding will take place on the Iberostar grounds, we also highly recommend that you stay at that hotel.  If not, transportation to and from different hotels in the Montego Bay area may be pricey and a day visitors pass will have to be purchased."  

      I think I am going to put in there that it can cost in excess of 100 dollars pp to do so, which is at that low end.  I'm a blunt person that doesn't sugar coat things.  So if anyone asks me about it, I've pretty much just said they have to stay there.  I think I may also put in there they cannot be guaranteed the ability to come into the resort if they don't stay there.

      Because we also get a discount on rates for both me and the future hubby and our guests through our TA I also put:

       

      "We chose to use BLANK at BLANK.  She is FANTASTIC and will make sure you have the trip of a lifetime.  She arranges flights, transportation in Jamaica and accommodations. To find out more details regarding pricing and travel, feel free to contact her at (phone).

      PLEASE NOTE:  By booking with her, you are eligible for discounted rates on your vacation."

      I feel that if people do their research after being told this, they will book at the Iberostar.  Most of my guests would stay at a place because it's cheaper so this will kind of sway them away from that decision.  If you look at it, there aren't that many more affordable places to stay through my travel agent (I'd say Sunset Beach, Decameron, I think Breezes? and maybe holiday inn?)  So looking at those rates, it'd be pretty clear that you'd break even or pay more by staying off the Iberostar property.

       

      Originally Posted by MrsDesz 

      I agree with you.  I don't think it's worth it to pay for a pass and transportation to and from the wedding.  I'll just have to deter them because we've already chosen this resort.  I wonder if I can put something in the save the date to inform guests that they should only be looking into accomodations at IRHB?  Any suggestions?



       



      #3563 Jamaica2012

      Jamaica2012
      • Jr. Member
      • 176 posts

        Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:02 AM

        What you are thinking of doing is exactly what I was thinking of doing. It seems so much more cost effective!
         

        Originally Posted by starrysim 


        Oh yeah.  It says right in the document. My bad.  So yes, it does include a DJ and open bar, 8:30-10:30 pm.  Available for groups of 30 or more.

         

        We are leaning towards having a semi-private dinner, and then moving over to the disco for the 2 hours to do first dances, and start the party.  Then we can stick around at 10:30 once it opens to the public.  I'm afraid that if we have to move from the restaurant to the disco at 10:30, it will really break up the party.  Also, the cost savings is pretty big for renting the disco only ($350), vs. renting restaurant ($800), plus DJ ($450), plus open bar (lots of $$$$).  This way, we'll just skip the open bar at dinner.  I'm not sure we'll have 30 people, but I'm having the disco prive regardless, they will just have to deal with it. lol

         



         



         


        4.27.2012 @ Iberostar Rose Hall Beach ~ Montego Bay


        #3564 IslandBride201x

        IslandBride201x
        • Jr. Member
        • 237 posts

          Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:47 AM

          Thanks for the responses about the beach party on Thursday.  I will be checking with the resort next year as our dates approaches, but this helps for tentative planning purposes.


          Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
          Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
          Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica


          #3565 eholt

          eholt
          • Member
          • 528 posts

            Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:15 AM


            Im not sure why the idea of having to go into this gets under my skin, but each time I read a post I feel some kinda way! :/

             

            If you send out invites or info on the wedding and include the HOST hotel, its a no brainer to me.  WE, the bride/groom will HOST you at this resort....not the freakin island.  Should YOU choose to stay elsewhere...its on YOU!!

             

            Granted, I had a few people that I thought would be traveling with children and I offered them to stay at the Beach and not the Suites.  It didn't end up happening but I was clear to the TA who these "exceptions" were and that was that.  I did have people who did not go with the TA (even though she did price match) but they didn't adventure outside of the resort.  Maybe I was fortunate but the bottom line is guests need to realize that the HOST hotel is where the HOSTING and action will take place and not complicate matters! 

             

            If it were a stateside wedding and you state that a shuttle will pick you up from Main St. Marriott, would guest stay at the Holiday Inn and still expect shuttle service?  NO!

             

            Okay...of my soapbox and to work I go!

             

             

            Quote:

            Originally Posted by bruceg05 

            I'm trying to go green with my wedding and not print off a crap ton of stuff.  So I just referred everyone to my website because I know that everyone besides 2 people on the list have a computer.  My website says:

            "Being that the wedding will take place on the Iberostar grounds, we also highly recommend that you stay at that hotel.  If not, transportation to and from different hotels in the Montego Bay area may be pricey and a day visitors pass will have to be purchased."  

            I think I am going to put in there that it can cost in excess of 100 dollars pp to do so, which is at that low end.  I'm a blunt person that doesn't sugar coat things.  So if anyone asks me about it, I've pretty much just said they have to stay there.  I think I may also put in there they cannot be guaranteed the ability to come into the resort if they don't stay there.

            Because we also get a discount on rates for both me and the future hubby and our guests through our TA I also put:

             

            "We chose to use BLANK at BLANK.  She is FANTASTIC and will make sure you have the trip of a lifetime.  She arranges flights, transportation in Jamaica and accommodations. To find out more details regarding pricing and travel, feel free to contact her at (phone).

            PLEASE NOTE:  By booking with her, you are eligible for discounted rates on your vacation."

            I feel that if people do their research after being told this, they will book at the Iberostar.  Most of my guests would stay at a place because it's cheaper so this will kind of sway them away from that decision.  If you look at it, there aren't that many more affordable places to stay through my travel agent (I'd say Sunset Beach, Decameron, I think Breezes? and maybe holiday inn?)  So looking at those rates, it'd be pretty clear that you'd break even or pay more by staying off the Iberostar property.

             



             



             


            May 19, 2011
            Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
            Montego Bay, Jamaica
            http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

            #3566 MrsDesz

            MrsDesz
            • Site Supporter
            • 61 posts

              Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:25 AM

              Thanks for the response.  I'm just going to be very clear with my guests on my website. - "You have to stay at one of the three Iberostar properties. 

              If you choose to stay outside of the Iberostar resorts, unfortunately you will not be able to attend the wedding" (since for every 10 wedding guests, 9 have to be Iberostar guests). 

              At least if I'm blunt (like a previous bride said) they'll know there are limited options.

               

              **I'll reserve the pass for that 1 guest (out of every 10 guests) that may stay with relatives from Jamaica. I think this may work.  What do you think?



              #3567 mrsgreene2011

              mrsgreene2011
              • Jr. Member
              • 307 posts

                Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:09 AM

                If one more person cancels it looks like that is what I am going to have to do. I wanted a private reception, but I think I can make the disco work.

                 

                Originally Posted by Jamaica2012 

                What you are thinking of doing is exactly what I was thinking of doing. It seems so much more cost effective!
                 



                 



                 



                #3568 IslandBride201x

                IslandBride201x
                • Jr. Member
                • 237 posts

                  Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:44 AM

                  I agree with eholt and the others... if you are invited to a wedding, if you choose to do something other than the invite mentions, it is on you to figure out the logistics.  I have not even mentioned to my TA or anyone else about even a possibility of staying somewhere else, and no one has said anything to me.  My philosophy is these are all grown adults and I want them to make it an enjoyable vacation for themselves, but here is the option that we have negotiated and are making available.  Anything else is on you.  Okay that comes across harsh... I would say it in a much nicer way if I have to deal with this....  LOL.


                  Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
                  Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
                  Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica


                  #3569 daisymable

                  daisymable
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 278 posts

                    Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:57 AM

                    Hi,  I am back from our wedding/vacation.  It was an AMAZING week! I will try to post a review with some pictures on the weekend.  Iberostar was a great choice and nobody wanted to leave once the week was finished.  I am already missing Jamaica!



                    #3570 luvmoo

                    luvmoo
                    • Member
                    • 503 posts

                      Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:30 AM


                      Yayyy!! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!!!!  :)
                       

                      Originally Posted by daisymable 

                      Hi,  I am back from our wedding/vacation.  It was an AMAZING week! I will try to post a review with some pictures on the weekend.  Iberostar was a great choice and nobody wanted to leave once the week was finished.  I am already missing Jamaica!



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users