Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#2021 Misti

Misti
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

Hi girls!

I've been leaning towards RIU and been active on its boards, but I'm still interested in this hotel.  It really all comes down to price and the numbers I'm getting from the WC are broad and dont include those all too familar hidden fees and extras.  Would anyone mind sending me all their info on this hotel?  I can also offer all RIU info/prices that I have if anyone is interested....

Thanks!~

misti

misti (at) yahoo (dot) com

#2022 eholt

eholt
    • 528 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:54 PM

I was just thinking of having the huppa with the white fabric they use and no flowers.  I may pick up some additional colored fabric but I am not sure. I didn't want to get in the business of trying to pick out flowers for the huppa and blow my budget out of the water.

I am doing OOT bags and having fun with it.  Let's just say its about to get out of hand so I told my mom we are DONE after this weekend!  I've enjoyed putting them together so far!

I am just ready to roll!

Originally Posted by Tina5978 

eholt I'm doing real touch as well so including the boutonnieres and corsages but I need the florist for the huppa.  Are you not decorating the huppa?

I'm clothes shopping this weekend and I'll send our notarized copies next week for the marriage license.  Oh boy what else are we missing?  Did you do OOT bags?  A part of me wants to do a small welcome bag but I don't want to have too much to travel with nor do I want to spend tons :/  We are taking all of the guest on a catamaran sunset cruise as a "thank you".  

May 19, 2011
      Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
      Montego Bay, Jamaica
      http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#2023 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
      • 594 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

The hotel provides artificial flowers for the chuppah. Does anyone have a picture of what they look like?

#2024 Tina5978

Tina5978
        • 231 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

That's great eholt.

Past brides can you comment on what time you went to the salon and did your hair/make up and if it lasted all day.  I have an outside makeup artist   Nicole suggest we start our hair at 1pm but the makeup artist wants to begin at 11am...need help and or suggestions.  Our ceremony is at 4pm.  

Christina & Sherman~Iberostar Rose Hall Suites~Montego Bay, Jamaica~May 16, 2011
          Bride & Groom plus 47+ booked and counting...

#2025 IRIEGIRL

IRIEGIRL
          • 85 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

Riu seems to be pretty good though i do not know that much about it because their websites i think really lack alot of information but the pictures i have seen and the reviews i have read it seems pretty nice.

#2026 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
            • 594 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:01 PM

Girl Nicole's crazy...1 pm is too late, considering you have to go first, then your mom, your maid of honor and your bridesmaids. Our ceremony will be at 4:30 and I was planning on starting my hair no later than 11:30 am.

Originally Posted by Tina5978 

That's great eholt.

Past brides can you comment on what time you went to the salon and did your hair/make up and if it lasted all day.  I have an outside makeup artist   Nicole suggest we start our hair at 1pm but the makeup artist wants to begin at 11am...need help and or suggestions.  Our ceremony is at 4pm.  

#2027 Misti

Misti
              • 55 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:19 PM

Thank you for responding irie! :)

#2028 bmaxam12

bmaxam12
                • 67 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:17 AM

I have the same question Islandgirl910! I know I have seen on previous posts in this thread about the artificial flowers, but would love to see what they look like!

btw...still waiting to hear back about our date...  

#2029 beetee33

beetee33
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 65 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:32 AM

Hey ladies! I'm about to email Tameica but I thought I'd try here too. We want to do a cocktail party on the terrace. Does anyone know if there is anything to hang paper lanterns on at the terrace? The other questions I have are how many people can fit at a table (I think the dimensions are 8' x 2'6" x 2'5") and how long is the aisle runner? Any help you have is greatly appreciated!!

Finally making it official!! May 13, 2011 Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

#2030 X-Tina

X-Tina
                    • 39 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

Does anyone know if you can still buy out Aunt Ruby's even if you have a small part of about 25-30 people? Thanks so much

P.S. Thank you so much ladies for answering so many of my questions... I'm a secret forum stalker. My FI and I will be married at the IRHS on Feb 22nd, 2012 :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users