Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred

• Please log in to reply
721 replies to this topic

#281 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:57 AM

I got this a while back but haven't used it lately, b/c I was doing a 2x/week boot camp at my gym - which was seriosuly kicking my butt.

However, we are in the process of moving, so I didn't want to pay for the next boot camp session since I won't be able to finish it.

So, after a two week hiatus, I did this again this morning. When I first tried it, I could barely make it through w/ 3 lb weights. Today - I made it all the wau through w/ 5 lb weights and think I need 8 lb weights for some of the exercises. Instead though, I am going to try Level 2 tomorrow.

I am not a motivated exerciser - I need classes or a trainer or some sort of 'reason' to show up ... so I hope I can keep this up. I don't like doing it when DH is home - but he is on Army orders til mid-July - so I have NO excuse. I am hoping to do it several times a week and see if I can keep up the progress I was making in my boot camp.

I am sweating like a pig after finishing this workout, too! It definitely works up a sweat!!!!

#282 jetsbride

jetsbride
    • 794 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:02 AM

I just started doing this workout yesterday and I am petty sore today!!!
      I am a big fan of workout pain though, it means it is working. I haven't been working out lately and this video made me work! I did level 1 and I will probably move to level 2 after a week.

My goal is to do this everday for the next 30 days, hopefully I can stick to it...summer is here and bathingsuits are necessary!!!

#283 KristieF

KristieF
      • 64 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:20 PM

This DVD is amazing!!! I bought it to tone up for my wedding also, I've only attempted it once so far because I was in so much pain afterwards I needed days to recover! But now that I'm passed the inital shock I'm going to try and keep it up, because it definitely seems to work. No pain no gain, right ladies

#284 ShelbyFL

ShelbyFL
        • 211 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:00 PM

I just bought this the other day at Best Buy ($12.99). I was going to buy Slim in 6 off the infomercial and FI could not believe I was going to spend like $75 on that. He said 'go to the store and buy a dvd' instead... So I bought this one! LOL I am starting tomorrow! I have 87 days til our wedding and I need to tone up badly. I am a skinny fat girl for sure. No muscle tone. I have to look amazing in 87 days... I am really encouraged by you ladies who have had good results!! I'll let you know how it goes...

#285 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
          • 2,754 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

I bought this DVD yesterday after reading up on all these great reviews. I tried it out this morning and holy crap is it hard!!! I regularly just do cardio exercises so all the strength and abs stuff was kicking my butt. DH was on the couch reading while I was doing it but every now and then he'd look up and push me to keep going. I hope I can keep this up!!

#286 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
            • 5,078 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:51 AM

I love this video...I do this 2-3 times a week...I can't do it everyday because I would be always sore and besides aren't you supposed to let your muscles rest a day?

I noticed that my endurance level has definitely gotten stronger and I can get through any level now. The only thing I can't do is the full push ups...they are freaking hard! Pile squats are sooo hard...

i want to look like that Natalie in the video! Hehe...

#287 saltocoach

saltocoach
              • 235 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:00 AM

Just did level 3. I was feeling brave (read: STUPID). I can't move my legs! This dvd and I have a love/hate relationship. I love it when I'm doing it and I hate it the day after.

#288 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                • 5,078 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:15 PM

For some reason, I think Level 2 is the hardest.

Does anyone feel this way?

I absoultely HATE those squats with rear fly exercise. My shoulders scream every time I do Level 2.

#289 Danielle77

Danielle77
                  • 200 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

I just baught this video and I am so excited to use it. I have about 25 pounds tolose in just over 4 months. I am doing a boot camp class right now but I am looking for something that I can do wheneverI have time because school is starting up soon.

How have your results been?

#290 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                    • 5,078 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:33 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Danielle77
                      I just baught this video and I am so excited to use it. I have about 25 pounds tolose in just over 4 months. I am doing a boot camp class right now but I am looking for something that I can do wheneverI have time because school is starting up soon.

How have your results been?
                      I have not shed any pounds - well because i am not doing it every single day but i can tell you that i am definitely seeing muscles in my thighs and arms. My core is lot stronger and my endurance as well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users