Gift for your Groom

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:10 PM

I am stumped too and time is getting short. Ugh! I think about it all the time. I hope I find something soon.

#42 Tracy

Tracy
    • 281 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:15 PM

I'm with you on that one Yari......I was thinking BD pics, but i'm desperate for Biggest Loser 4 before I'm ready for that.

#43 NJ_bride

NJ_bride
      • 227 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:03 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Christa
        Hey Sarah, if you want a really nice watch for a really good price, check out the Invicta watch selection on shopnbc.com
        My FI is a watch enthusiast (mildly stated) and he has some bizarre degree in clock making (horology!!!) and he loves these watches - he says they are an amazing value. I've bought him like 2 or 3 :)
        Hi Christa! This is an old post I came across of yours today and I am LOL reading it. My FH is also a horologist with that same wacky degree and all! He works for Gucci here in NJ. AND he loves Invicta! We both have many, our faves are our dive watches (mine is purple) I bought him a Rado for an engagment present and I refuse to buy him a watch for our wedding! Ha! Ha! Does your man talk about watches 24/7?

Small world!

#44 CayoLargo

CayoLargo
        • 177 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

I am with you Amy706...My guy won't wear a watch and not sure if his ring will stay on his finger either...he just does not do jewelery.

However...I love the letter or love note on the morning of the wedding day. That is a great thing to give...but for a long term gift I am not sure myself...

I know my g/f got her husband a flask and another g/f got her husband a cigar holder with engraving on it...

I just really want something that will not site on a shelf forever and not be used!

Let brainstorm some ideas....
          Engaged: December 25, 2007
          Married: February 4, 2009
          Wedding Destination: Cuba
          Wedding Resort: Sol Cayo Largo
          http://www.mywedding...rheannasweddinghttp://www.pictage.com/625373

#45 *Lo*

*Lo*
          • 2,993 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

My FI looooooooooves watches. So even if he had 400 he would still want another one...so for an engagement gift I am taking us on a cruise, and then I think for a wedding gift I will get him a watch. (Or for his MBA graduation which happens like 2 months before we are getting married). There are just WAY too many things to give gifts for!

I am excited about the Invicta that was mentioned! I am looking into them.

#46 Sloan

Sloan
            • 1,279 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:26 AM

My FI loves watches too... what is it with guys and watches? I guess it's like women and shoes?? I hope I dont get shoes as my gift...
              Craig definately doesnt need another watch he has 4 already that he wears on a regular basis. Im probably going to do BD pics in the New Year, but Im a bit hesitant... not a big fan of being in skimpies around strange people. Super shy! I also thought about getting him a hockey stick - sounds stupid, but the guy plays tons of hockey and high end one piece sticks like RBK's, Bauer Vapour's and Warriors retail for $250-$300. Just a different suggestion!

#47 Dreams425

Dreams425
              • 105 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:39 PM

My fiance is obsessed with watches as well!!

Here is my philosophy...we have so many ways to accessorize, hair, jewelry, piercings, shoes, belts, etc. but guys really don't have that many options so the one thing they can change daily and make them feel really dressed up other than their basic outfits is a watch! It's like he can never get enough. He has requested a Tag, I'm currently trying to figure out how to pay for it...yikes!

#48 lizcolgin

lizcolgin
                • 60 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:02 AM

Girls,

I know this may sound wacky, but one of my very good girlfriends gave me this idea as part of my FI's wedding gift.

She made him a small back that had her note for the wedding day, as well as some "love coupons" for the honeymoon. THey were really cute and thoughtfull. I think with the lack of funds remaining and such a short time before our big day I might have to steal her idea.

#49 Jen_S

Jen_S
                  • 3,737 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:24 AM

That is a cute idea I did that one year for valentines day.

I am giving my FI a bd book the night before the wedding and on the wedding day I will have a poem/letter delivered with a Concord watch he has been drooling over.
                    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#50 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,791 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sloan
                      My FI loves watches too... what is it with guys and watches? I guess it's like women and shoes?? I hope I dont get shoes as my gift...
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Dreams425

Here is my philosophy...we have so many ways to accessorize, hair, jewelry, piercings, shoes, belts, etc. but guys really don't have that many options so the one thing they can change daily and make them feel really dressed up other than their basic outfits is a watch! It's like he can never get enough. He has requested a Tag, I'm currently trying to figure out how to pay for it...yikes!
                      I agree with this - the saleswoman at the store said she has many male clients who come in and collect watches, kinda like a girl collects shoes... or even better, diamonds!

I really want to get Martin a nice watch or something like that... maybe even a wallet (which is special to him because the first really nice one he got was given to him by his grandfather who passed away several years ago)... Got several ideas in mind, actually. But, I'm not sure if he will be giving me something so I don't want him to feel bad. I do know I am going to have his ring engraved though.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users