Photo

Gift for your Groom

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 KarlaV

KarlaV
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:32 PM

Is anyone exchanging gifts on their wedding day?

KarlaV
    Karla&Ronnie
    Wedding Slideshow
    Engagement Slideshow
    May 5, 2007Westin Resort and Spa Los CabosCustom Stationery and Wedding Invitations

#2 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:37 PM

We are! I got him a very simple money clip from bluenile.com I had it engraved with our names & wedding date. Kinda cheesy, but I know he'll love it!

#3 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

I had the Boudoir pics done that I will have presented to him the night before (we're not staying together that night).
        I also want to get him a nice watch. Although I bought him a Movado last year, not sure what I can afford that would top that! Maybe a Tag? I'm not sure yet. He knows I already got him something since I had to come up with some excuse about why I went to Chicago, but I feel like he might feel ripped off if he doesn't get something more than pictures! lol, I don't know why I feel that way because I'm sure he'll love them, I guess it's just me.
        OK, that was a lot of rambling- sorry! I think this was a "thinking out loud" post!

#4 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:46 PM

Hey Sarah, if you want a really nice watch for a really good price, check out the Invicta watch selection on shopnbc.com
          My FI is a watch enthusiast (mildly stated) and he has some bizarre degree in clock making (horology!!!) and he loves these watches - he says they are an amazing value. I've bought him like 2 or 3 :)

#5 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:48 PM

Great tip Christa- thanks! I'll check that out...
            Horology, huh? If you'd said that without an explanation I would have been really worried....rofl

#6 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
            • VIP Member
            • 11,403 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:50 PM

I know - I like to call him a horologist in public every once in a while! It's fun

#7 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
              • 5,248 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:54 PM

I think I am going to end up getting BD pics as well and giving it to him. Sarah I was laughing when you posted b/c I also wanted to get him a watch but I had also given him a Movado and I didn't know if I could afford anything that would top that. But luckily my friend's husband is a jeweler and he told me he could get me good discounts on expensive men's watches. Like he told me he could get me a $18,000 rolex for $3,000 b/c he is a diamond distributor and so he only pays wholesale price and not retail. If you want me to ask for anything specific for you PM me and I will found out what kind of a price he can get.

-Glenda

#8 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:01 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                  I think I am going to end up getting BD pics as well and giving it to him. Sarah I was laughing when you posted b/c I also wanted to get him a watch but I had also given him a Movado and I didn't know if I could afford anything that would top that. But luckily my friend's husband is a jeweler and he told me he could get me good discounts on expensive men's watches. Like he told me he could get me a $18,000 rolex for $3,000 b/c he is a diamond distributor and so he only pays wholesale price and not retail. If you want me to ask for anything specific for you PM me and I will found out what kind of a price he can get.

-Glenda
                  Holy crap! I might take you up on that one Glenda...how many luggage tags do I have to bribe you with? lol

#9 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:04 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
                    I know - I like to call him a horologist in public every once in a while! It's fun

#10 KarlaV

KarlaV
                    • 171 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:08 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
                      We are! I got him a very simple money clip from bluenile.com I had it engraved with our names & wedding date. Kinda cheesy, but I know he'll love it!
                      Great gift! I like the idea of getting something that can be engraved with the wedding date- that way he won't have an excuse of forgetting our anniversary.

KarlaV
                      Karla&Ronnie
                      Wedding Slideshow
                      Engagement Slideshow
                      May 5, 2007Westin Resort and Spa Los CabosCustom Stationery and Wedding Invitations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users