lyrebard's pro pics from Matt Adcock @ Ana y Jose Beach Club
Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:05 PM
A few random notes before you start, so you have some idea of what you're looking at:
- We got ready together in the little room/suite upstairs from the beach club. We really were writing name cards and cutting up menus and writing our vows in the 4 hours before the wedding.
- Yep, that's Mark ironing his suit on the bathroom counter since there didn't seem to be an ironing board in sight.
- I only wanted one ring (engagement ring is also wedding ring), so that picture that looks like he's putting a ring on my finger? He's actually taking it off so we could use it for the ceremony, lol.
- I had two smaller bouquets, rather than one large one, and pinned to each was a locket -- one with photos of my parents, both of whom have passed away, and one with photos of his grandparents. When I got to the end of the aisle, I gave one bouquet to my grandparents and one to his parents so that they knew the missing family members were still part of the ceremony.
- Ceremony: The reason you'll see so many people holding the mic is because it was officiated by two old friends, included a couple of brief readings, and then we asked 4 different married couples -- who've been married for anywhere from 4 to 67 years -- to give advice on love/marriage, and then ask us to promise to follow it. This was our symbolic way of showing our belief that marriage is a covenant with our community as much as it is one between the two of us. Of course, this was also why the ceremony ended up going much longer than we intended!
- Dancing: We scheduled a salsa lesson for post-cocktails/pre-dinner. It was nothing like what we were expecting, but it was a hoot! (Especially the part where the male teacher told the men to do a move and really "enjoy" their women. "Enyoy her," he said. This is still a thing...I can't count the number of times in a week that Mark now tells me to "enyoy" something. lol.)
- The poem at the end: this is really personal, and one of the reasons that I hesitated to make this slideshow public. (But I know how much you all love the pictures!) It was written by my mother when I was a little girl, and so my best friend read it as the "toast," a way to have my mother's words there even if she couldn't be there herself.
- Oh, and yes, there was totally a trampoline there! I'm only bummed that I didn't get to play on it like everyone else.
Anyway, that's it for my editor's notes. Here's the slideshow...enyoy it!
del Sol Photography Wedding Photojournalism
Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:13 PM
Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:32 PM
I love the cupcake boxes and little details that it seems you and DH took the time to do - even just hours before your wedding. Congratulations to you!
Thank you for posting Matt's photo's - it make me super excited for our day.
Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:48 PM
Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:48 PM
Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:08 PM
Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:13 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users