Sign in to follow this  
bobbi-francis

Ok..let me get this straight?

We didn't get ANYTHING yet! No temporary or nada!!! We got married on May 10, and it will be 2 months in 3 days! Where the heck is my certificatehuh.gif Bobbi, they gave u a temp before u left the island??

We got the paper that we signed during the ceremony. I used it to add Mike to my health insurance at work and had no problem. But I'm pretty sure I need the official one to do anything at the DMV or Social Security. I got married almost 2 months ago and haven't gotten anything yet!

I heard 3 months was a good time to plan on waiting.

I'm trying to use this to get used to my new last name and practice my new signature! LOL

Mike introduced me as his wife for the first time the other day and it sounded so funny coming out of his mouth!

I used the temporary certificate to do name changes to my credit cards, and other personal accounts. Basically I took some time playing around with it to shrink it & then I just faxed it to the companies that asked for a copy of my marriage certificate. I had no problems with using that at all!

It wasn't until I got our real certificate that I was able to change my name on my ss card & my drivers license.