Why I should stop drinking...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Karen

• 1,308 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:15 AM

Eeek. sorry to hear that. I got mine wet in the bathtub once and dried it out. Why is it we can send men to outerspace but someone can't invest a waterproof phone?
    <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#12 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:58 AM

Don't tell them you dropped it in the toilet say it was a puddle or something lol

You can get a waterproof phone now lol its a nokia, the phone is in a sealed waterproof casing, FI has one for work when he's on exercise lol

#13 amandalovesryan

• 933 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:04 AM

i also heard to put it in kitty litter and that should save it. good luck!
        My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

#14 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:09 AM

I dropped my work phone into the toilet a couple months ago, luckily it was pre-pee too. Sometimes if you get it fast enough they will dry out. Our phone guy told me if you take out the battery, there is a strip that should nbe white (it is tiny) if that is still white or light pink you are ok, if it is totally red, then your phone is ruined. I am not sure that is true with our phones, but it worked for me when I dropped my new phone in a big puddle. (yes I go through many phones!)

#15 beachbride08

• VIP Member
          • 2,372 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by LALA
            I was less than 100% sober at my training this week and I dropped my cell phone in the toilet. It's not so much working anymore. I'm so mad because we just signed up for a 2 year contract and toilet-dunking is not covered by the warranty. And I'm mad because I had to reach into a toilet at a bar to fish it out. At least it was pre-pee.
            I've done this too. Except for me it was my whole purse that went in the toilet. I had it sitting on the back of the toilet and it flipped over and dumped everything in the toilet (this was also pre-pee, but nonetheless disgusting). I tried drying my phone out, but it didn't work again and I had to get a new one.

#16 foxytv

• VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:24 AM

However, if I stopped drinking after every time I dropped my phone in the toilet, washing machine or after falling into a fish pond with my phone in my pocket in a gay Latino bar in Atlanta ... well, if I had quit drinking ... that last one probably wouldn't have happened.

#17 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:02 AM

an old nokia of mine vibrated itself off the nightstand and directly into a bowl of water on the floor that was for the cat.
              pulled it out and cracked it open, once it dried it was good as new, but i think those older phones recover better than the new one with all the fancy schmancy gadgets in them. i think they were more hardy or something.

good luck! hope it starts working again.

#18 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:07 AM

Same thing happened to my coworker. Except she wasn't drinking and it wasn't pre pee. Eeeh gross. She had to spring for a new phone too.
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#19 Jacqueline

• VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:11 AM

blahahahhahahaha that is toooo funny!!!!!! i (knocking on wood) have never dropped my phone in toilet while drunk. i sometimes get alil too hype when i drink and one time i slammed my phone down so hard on the table, i totally destroyed the screen, however it still worked. ahhhhhhh the joys of being drunk

#20 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:23 AM

Ugh this happened to me once, pre-pee thankfully too :) Let it dry out :) Hope it works again soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users