#21 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:41 PM

hi jenny,

that is ridiculous that your TA told your guests not to contact her.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#22 beachbride08

beachbride08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:45 PM

That is crap! My TA told me specifically to direct all guests to her with questions as I should not be bothered with anything travel related.
    Michelle

#23 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:41 PM

That is not right you have enough to worry about you dont need that. Thats her job.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#24 gkashmira

gkashmira
      • 1,962 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Alyssa
        Jenny - you need to switch - that is totaly bullshit!

why don't you PM TammyHost or one of the TA's on here?
        My thoughts exactly! I mean what TA "doesn't want people bothering her" when "bothering" actually means "conducting my business?"

She sounds like a weirdo who wants you to do all the work and for her to collect all the commission!
        Kashmira & Dan
        Happily married since June 16, 2007
        http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
        Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
        Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#25 shellb

shellb
        • 533 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:25 PM

That's foolish, isn't it good business practice to build a rapport with your clients. I know it may be a lot of new clients, but how else does she plan to make that connection with people that could potentially mean future bookings.

My TA specifically wanted people to call her to ensure she went through everything with them about the travel arrangements and trip insurance. Told me that I went above and beyond by providing her with spreadsheet with names, addresses, contact numbers and relationship to us info of who she should expect calls from. Reminded me I had wedding planning to focus on and not worry about people's travel questions.

I think that TA will probably realize what a bad decision it was to tell you to take the booking info and not have people call her. I hope you find a great TA that will help you get things sorted.

#26 Kelly C

Kelly C
          • 2,051 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

Thats crazy. Bugging her means making money. i would call the owner of the agency if you have already booked and see if they can give you a new agent.
            Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#27 Ava

Ava
            • 153 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              can you get a new TA? my TA always tells me to stop getting involved & let her handle the guests questions.
              Same here!

#28 JennyK

JennyK
              • 3,502 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:32 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by 2008bride
                Thats crazy. Bugging her means making money. i would call the owner of the agency if you have already booked and see if they can give you a new agent.
                i haven't booked anything through her yet.. she's only in the process of getting me prices. I'm going to call her today and let her know I'm switching agencies

#29 Yvette

Yvette
                • 510 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:42 PM

i'm so glad you didn't book anything & you able to switch. this is ridiculous, obviously she doesn't understand what her job is!!!

we had communication problems with our first TA too. i sent email after email and called with no answer. so when he did get a hold of me and i told him we were using someone else he got so pissed off at me. he even started giving me attitude and "yelled" at me via email. he was very unprofessional. i'm so glad we switched before booking anything and now we have a great TA. she has gone above and beyond for us.

good luck!!!

#30 Martha

Martha
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,906 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:45 PM

uh, no. When my guests contacted my TA she got both their phone number and email address so that she always had a way to contact them and they also had her phone number and email address. It's not YOUR job to handle everyone's questions!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users