Photo

Flower Cart-What do you think about these prices?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 salomeh

salomeh
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:29 PM

I started my wedding flower research and got a quote from the flower cart that seems a little high. Here is what they quoted me:

Bridal bouquet: 20 White Tulips packed tightly with a turquoise and brown ribbon: $195USD
    5 brides maids: 10 Tulips (light pink, yellow, red): $110USD each
    Boutonniere for the groom: peacock feather $15USD
    Centerpiece: Square 4X4 vase tied in a turquoise and brown ribbon with a peacock feather with 10 white tulips: $90USD

What do you think

These are the pictures I emailed them:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 sassybride

sassybride
    • Banned
    • 294 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:12 PM

way over priced in my opinions. Tulips I don't think are sually very expensive. I'm getting orchids ( so expensive in cabo) and they are chaper then the tulips you were quoted. I got my quote at cabo flowers.
      Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS

(Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending

#3 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
      • 1,257 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:34 PM

CAn you import? Tulips are in season in May in the States and should be much cheaper than the quote you were given. You could make the center pieces also. Try walmart for the square vase, hot glue a sugar starfish to ribbon your color and then hotglue the ribbon to the vase. You should be able to do this for $10 or less per vase.

#4 alex

alex
        • 1,139 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:56 PM

I don't know how much flowers usually cost in Cabo, but I would personally never spend those prices...

#5 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
          • 888 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:59 PM

I think your selection is beautiful, but it does seem a little steep in price.

#6 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:06 PM

OUCH! Are you kidding? I am so glad I went with another company. The prices for fresh flowers are unreal for weddings!

#7 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
              • 2,183 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:13 AM

Very expensive, I would price Cabo Flowers also. Unfortunately flowers in Cabo are extremely expensive.

#8 golrizlinx

golrizlinx
                • 24 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:19 PM

I was really surprised at the prices i'm getting too and i quted both Rayen and Cabo Flowers. It seems compared to here things are 3 times the price over there...
                  so i guess you have to pick simple arrangements and get a fwe quotes and then if sitll high try and do certain things yourself;
                  i initially wanted orchids or cymbidiums but now hvae had to reduce to dendubriums and still the centerpieces are $175 (that's one vase with dendubriums inside, 6" with roses and 4" with gerbers)
                  hope that helps
                  golriz

#9 salomeh

salomeh
                  • 104 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:18 PM

I just got a quote from Cabo Flowers. It's even more expensive! This is insane.

Here is their quote:

Bridal bouquet: White Tulips packed tightly with a turquoise and brown ribbon $200.00
                    5 brides maids: Also tulips but maybe colored instead of white or white $150.00 each.
                    The groom will wear a jacket the other 5 men will wear just shirts (I was hoping to have a peacock feather on the groomʼs jacket like the picture below)$10.00

Runner with white petals, $125.00 for ceremony

Has anyone used a different flower company with better prices?

Thanks!

#10 TammyB

TammyB
                    • 10,630 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:59 PM

I got my flowers from Maye our WC she knew someone in San Jose. I had roses and Orchid (see picture in slideshow) I paid $165.00 for my bouquet and that was a year ago so I wouldn't be surprised of those prices now. Flowers are really expensive in Cabo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users