veil or no veil-that is the question

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#31 BayBug

• 852 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:01 PM

I really like the idea of putting a flower in my hair. I think it looks really pretty and beachy at the same time. I will be wearing a veil but I am not sure how it will all work. I need to find one first.

• 486 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:34 PM

So I am with you girls ont his one. Didn't think I wanted a veil but after I tried it on I loved it. It goes perfect with all the lace on my dress.

One of my BM's is making my veil and I am so excited. Her mother just made her veil for her wedding in January and it was beautiful. Here is a pic of what it will look like...

Click the image to open in full size.

#33 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:20 PM

I say go for the veil, how many times in your life can you wear a veil.

I think I might want a longer veil, because I really like the way they look in pictures, I might have to look for another one!

#34 Christine

• VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:53 PM

I am wearing a veil, and really long one! I feel so much more bridal with it on, I say go for it, wear a flower and veil, it's your wedding, do what you want!
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#35 PaulaV

• VIP Member
        • 2,813 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:37 PM

My vote is for veil as well.
          I think it is the one thing that says, "She is the bride"...
          I also like the way it looks blowing in the wind in many of the pictures I have seen recently.

#36 SusanK

• VIP Member
          • 2,685 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:01 PM

Ok...I think I might try on a veil! Maybe I'll wait until my dress comes in at the end of the month...my dress has a lace overlay, and I'd like the lace on the veil to match the dress. Wow, I can't believe I might be changing my mind on this. It's funny how things work out...I also never thought I'd like a strapless dress, and that's what I ended up with. I'm kinda excited about this whole veil thing now. Thanks all!
            Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#37 Shelley

• 169 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

You're not alone on that one Susan! I've found that what I thought I wanted on so many things didn't turn out to actually be what I wanted when the time came! I was the same with thinking I did not want a strapless dress but then when I started trying them on it was eventually the only thing I would even try b/c I loved it! Good call on waiting for your dress and then getting a veil to match. Like everyone else I found that when I had a dress on the veil really completed the picture. Plus, they look great in pics! And you don't have to wear it past the ceremony if it annoys you!

#38 coming together

coming together
              • 162 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:18 PM

I think you should go for the veil.. it's your wedding and you want something that says.. 'hey I'm the bride". I like the one you are showing on your post. It will be behind you, and out of your face, it's suttle, but impressionable. I was thinking of not going for the veil, but I think it will ultimately help me feel more like a bride..considering I'm getting married on a beach.

#39 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:35 PM

Wear a veil, not to many occasions call for a veil, you will feel very bridal. The one you chose is so beautiful, it reminds me of something my grandmother may have worn. I wasn't going to wear a veil, but my daughter talked me into it, it is beautiful. I am going to wear it at the back kind of under a messy bun, with flowers in the bun, I think it will look pretty and beachy at the same time. My veil has a satin edging and falls mid way down the back of my strapples gown.

#40 EDYTA

• 1,277 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:01 PM

I say DEFINATELY!!! i loved my veil I just thought it completed the entire look and it's great for pics and besides it would look so beautiful on u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users