Sign in to follow this  
SPRINGBRIDE

veil or no veil-that is the question

I say if you want a veil, go for it! I didn't think I did....until I tried one on with my dress. So now I have a veil for my wedding! rolleyes.gif

I was going to skip a veil, but tried one on that just brought everything together and is gorgeous, so now I'm am using the veil.

If you really love the idea of having one - I would definitely go with it!

I have definitely seen brides look beautiful both with and without out!

As far as worrying about it being too much for a destination wedding - just think how pretty it could look blowing around in your photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hln321 View Post
I say if you want a veil, go for it! I didn't think I did....until I tried one on with my dress. So now I have a veil for my wedding! rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
I was going to skip a veil, but tried one on that just brought everything together and is gorgeous, so now I'm am using the veil.
it's definitley a personal choice. and like these gals, i didn't think i was going to want a veil at first - but ended up wearing one just because i wanted that look and feel. i chose a single layer waltz length, just because i wanted it to blend into the dress. but go with waht YOU like!

I have always said that I wouldn't wear one, but after seeing Edyta's... now I want one!

i always thought i wouldn't want a veil, but after dress shopping with my other engaged friends i always got goose bumps when they put the veil on. it completed the look, so i'm totally having one!

plus then you get cool picures of your veil blowing in the breeze!

I agree with all the posts above - it's totally up to you! My suggestion would be wear it at least for the ceremony and the pictures. I was planning to skip it at first but ended up using it and I am so happy I did. It made me feel like a princess and the pictures came out amazing.

No veil for me...I have seen too many pictures with the veil flying everywhere.

I also wore one at my first wedding and I am doing everything TOTALLY opposite of the first wedding/marriage. So, I am wearing a flower instead.