Tamster808

How long did you date before enagaged?

We were dating 8 years & 3 months up until the wedding in February. It'll be 9 years in November - Crazy!!! Although, we did have a couple break periods when we were younger!!

Now I get to start over & keep track of how long we are married!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nano.dogs View Post
I can't BELIEVE some of you girls waited so long before getting engaged! You guys are much more patient than I am. I waited for 4.5 years before getting engaged. We will be married around our 6 year anniversary.
I was never in a rush. I loved the freedom of not being married. As I got older I was finally ready but I didn't feel like I "needed" to do it right away. I always thought I would get married in my late twenty's.

I love being married now though - 5 weeks tomorrow!

Philip and I dated just over 4 years when we got engaged and will be married just before our 5 year mark (that we never celebrate). Every day is a party together ;-)

It's kind of cool to see that so many people who "waited" longer are doing the destination wedding. People have bugged us for years, and it just made us want to do it this way even more.

Anyhow, were together 6 years and 2 months before engagement, by the time of the wedding it will be 71/2 years.

There was never any doubt. We waited because I was in school and we wanted our finances in order to have the wedding of our dreams!

We were together just over 5 1/2 years before we got engaged, and will be together just over 6 years when we get married. I admit that I was incredibly impatient and antsy - I've known for about 10 years that I was going to marry him!