So What do you do for a living?

S2BLennon

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a CPIC [the system that all police agencies across Canada use to keep track of crim & criminals & to communicate with one & another] operator for a police force.

It's kind of a loaded job but here's the jist of it;

- send, receive, log & distribute any msgs coming in thru the CPIC system

- add, remove, validate & maintain any records for our agency that are on the CPIC system (charges, warrants, surveillance entries, stolen/lost property & vehicles, missing people, probation orders, etc.)

- assist officers while they're out on the road (confirming warrants, sending msgs for them, pulling release forms, confirming conditions, etc.)

- we hold all of the warrants, surveillance entries, special interest police entries, recogs, undertakings, probation orders, restraining orders, sex offender registry information, dna orders (and probably a bunch of other things too) so we're the "go-to" girls if anyone needs any of those things or whatever

there's a whole lot more to my job but those are our main functions.

(sorry for the novel, but if I had've said CPIC operator I'm sure you would've been like "huh!?")