Jump to content
TATrisha

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 View Post

 

 

I was wondering if the bags on VistaPrint were of good quality. I'm either going to use those or just get brown Kraft bags and large oval label stickers for the sides.

 

Have you tried Dollar Tree for your tumblers? Another bride on here said she raided her local stores for about 40 I think. There is also a website called Discount Mugs or something like that for tumblers too. Hope that helps!

This website has great, personalized drinkware for very reasonable prices and they are running deals all the time. I have ordered koozies and other things through them several times. Koozies were super cheap and you are able to print on both sides for the same price. http://www.discountmugs.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 View Post

 

 

I was wondering if the bags on VistaPrint were of good quality. I'm either going to use those or just get brown Kraft bags and large oval label stickers for the sides.

 

Have you tried Dollar Tree for your tumblers? Another bride on here said she raided her local stores for about 40 I think. There is also a website called Discount Mugs or something like that for tumblers too. Hope that helps!

 

Be aware that a kraft paper bag can't double for a pool bag since it will get mushy and rip if wet. That's why I went with VistaPrint bags too...guests loved them and used them daily at the pool for their things and brought them on excursions etc. Highly recommend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Be aware that a kraft paper bag can't double for a pool bag since it will get mushy and rip if wet. That's why I went with VistaPrint bags too...guests loved them and used them daily at the pool for their things and brought them on excursions etc. Highly recommend.
Yeah I wasn't planning on the guest using them as a pool bag. I was thinking of using a more economical bag so that I can splurge on useful contents. However if I can get a good deal on the VP bags then its a win-win!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by EmmA1025 View Post

 

Since we're supposed to know what everyone's dinner choice will be prior to the wedding, how is everyone doing this? I'm assuming just putting the dinner options on the RSVP card and having the guests check off which they want?

 

Also, does anyone have the dinner options available so I can see?

 

On a separate note, for brides that are doing OOT bags, where did you get the totes from and what type of things did you include? Also where did you purchase the contents from?

We purchased ours from cheaptotes.com for something ridiclious like 88 cents each. We're going to make a stencil and use fabric paint to put something on to it. I had them shipped to my brother (they didn't ship to Canada) and he opened the box and they shipped us 60 bags, instead of the 30 we ordered (we only paid for 30!). Here are some of the stencil ideas I've bookmarked:

 

http://petscribbles.blogspot.ca/2013/02/how-to-stencil-canvas-tote-bag.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by monigmp03 View Post

 

For the guest OOT bag- I ordered a sample canvas tote bag from Vista Print and it was good quality and you can have any sort of design or image printed on the front. It was also really inexpensive!  I bought several groupon deals for vistaprint where I paid $30 for $70 worth of product and they were also having an online sale so I was able to order each bag for less than $5.  I think they normally run around $15-18 per bag. 

 

I am looking to order plastic tumbler type cups for guests to be able to refill drinks/ etc in their own glass (and be able to have larger drinks!).  Has anyone bought these for their OOT bags? If so... where did you find them?  I was hoping to be able to have each one personalized if possible. 

We purchased stainless steel travel mugs from discountmugs.com and had etsy seller DavetDesigns make up some custom stickers for us. We found the stickers were much cheaper than having the company print right on the mugs. I'll post a photo once I make one up (next weekend!)

 

http://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/DavetDesigns?section_id=7968480

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by monigmp03 View Post

 

For the guest OOT bag- I ordered a sample canvas tote bag from Vista Print and it was good quality and you can have any sort of design or image printed on the front. It was also really inexpensive!  I bought several groupon deals for vistaprint where I paid $30 for $70 worth of product and they were also having an online sale so I was able to order each bag for less than $5.  I think they normally run around $15-18 per bag. 

 

I am looking to order plastic tumbler type cups for guests to be able to refill drinks/ etc in their own glass (and be able to have larger drinks!).  Has anyone bought these for their OOT bags? If so... where did you find them?  I was hoping to be able to have each one personalized if possible. 

 

Hi!

 

I found great cups from 'Save a Cup' - I thought they were reasonably priced.

 

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all!

 

Just thought I would say hello! I am getting married at the Grand Sirenis, but then my fiance and I are going to the Now Jade for a honeymoon - it's an absolutely gorgeous resort. Can't wait to hang out on the hammocks! Anyways, happy wedding planning :)

 

Chantel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by ironman View Post

 

We purchased stainless steel travel mugs from discountmugs.com and had etsy seller DavetDesigns make up some custom stickers for us. We found the stickers were much cheaper than having the company print right on the mugs. I'll post a photo once I make one up (next weekend!)

 

http://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/DavetDesigns?section_id=7968480

Are the stickers waterproof?  This sounds like a good idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 View Post

 

Are the stickers waterproof?  This sounds like a good idea. 

Yes, apparently they are! There's quite a few brides from other threads on this forum who have ordered stickers from them with very positive reviews. I haven't seen them yet (had them shipped to the USA) but I'll be picking them up next weekend! I had tried to price it out for a DIY project. I realized it would probably cost me a ton in supplies and then I'd spend hours fumbling with my printer making sure they were all lined up properly. 50 - 3" stickers cost us $30 on etsy.

 

We bought the "To have and to hold, to keep your drink cold" ones. Heheheh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are the stickers waterproof?  This sounds like a good idea. 
Although I'm not at now jade bride I sae post and decided to input. I ordered my waterproof stickers for my tumblers from davet designs and they are waterproof and fantastic. She was wonderful to work with and fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×