If you book 25 rooms, or 75 room nights, you will get unlimited private functions. This is what I had. I had a free cocktail hour, reception, welcome party, bridal brunch. The free functions include all food and drink, and we did a sit down dinner for our reception; appetizer, salad, dinner, dessert, cake. You can have as many private functions as you like if you book the 25 rooms or 75 nights. Just be sure to book the events in advance, as it is a small resort, and if they are having any other functions the same time as your wedding, you will not have many options on event space.

I am soooo sorry for the major delay in my response!  Its been crazy here and the wedding kind of took a back seat to everything else but I am back!  Thank you sooo much for sending pics and for clarifying!  I feel so much better now!  Cant wait for the big day and to be able to post my own pics!

I am soooo sorry for the major delay in my response!  Its been crazy here and the wedding kind of took a back seat to everything else but I am back!  Thank you sooo much for sending pics and for clarifying!  I feel so much better now!  Cant wait for the big day and to be able to post my own pics!

very helpful to know this. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can book that many rooms!!!

Originally Posted by kd1116 View Post

If you book 25 rooms, or 75 room nights, you will get unlimited private functions. This is what I had. I had a free cocktail hour, reception, welcome party, bridal brunch. The free functions include all food and drink, and we did a sit down dinner for our reception; appetizer, salad, dinner, dessert, cake. You can have as many private functions as you like if you book the 25 rooms or 75 nights. Just be sure to book the events in advance, as it is a small resort, and if they are having any other functions the same time as your wedding, you will not have many options on event space.

I am planning on using the complementary package because I don't like the look of the CC packages.  What have other people here done for their reception and how much did it cost?  Should I just try and find one of the CC packages that fit best with my wedding?

One thing I did find out from one of the travel coordinators is that, if you use the Complementary package, you can't use your resort credit for a la carte items or for upgrades...you pay for those out of pocket. If you want to use $1500 in credits, it all has to go to one package. Now, I will also say this...I've heard from lots of people that the travel coordinators say one thing, and then on site it's a different deal. So we'll see.

Originally Posted by JKWedding2012 View Post

I am planning on using the complementary package because I don't like the look of the CC packages.  What have other people here done for their reception and how much did it cost?  Should I just try and find one of the CC packages that fit best with my wedding?

Questions to some of the brides....

What was the rule for your hair/makeup vendors? I know my photog has to be a guest of the hotel, so he'll be staying overnight. But is it the same deal w/hair and makeup artists? I found someone for $180 for hair/makeup....but I don't want to spend another $150 for her to have to stay at the hotel. I guess I could use the salon...but for whatever reason I'm leery of that. I'm curious what everyone else did.

That was what we were told, and it listed it online in some credit options.  So we went with a package instead of doing complimentary since it would have been more expensive for us to pay for each individual item we wanted to add. 

I don't think they would need to stay the night.  I would just get a day pass for them.  We used the resort for our hair (all of my bridesmaids looked great, but mine was terrible and fell out within an hour!), and we did our own make-up.