Photo

My AMAZING and unique "THANK YOU CARDS" - UPDATE (with Pics)

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#21 TropicLover

TropicLover
  • 293 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

Absolutely LOVE the idea!  I've done books through My Publisher in the past and I never thought of mini thank you books.  Everything I've done through them has turned out to be amazing!  Such high quality!

I saw that you posted the mailing costs, but if you don't mind me asking how did you mail each book?  Were they in individual envelops?  Did you buy extra sturdy ones instead?

#22 simba1234

simba1234
    • 179 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:01 PM

Mypublisher.com sends you each individual booklet wrapped in a clear plastic envelope which protects them and makes them look even more professional:)  To mail them out, I left the booklets in the plastic wrapper and put each one in padded/bubble envelopes from the post office.  But I really didn't mail that many out.  I had 55 guests at my wedding and I only gave one booklet per couple,so roughly 22 booklets went out.  Some of them I just hand delivered (i.e. my mom, brothers, in-laws).  So, I think at the end I mailed out about 16 booklets which made it more affordable.

As a side note to everyone thinking of doing these.... what really made this booklets special is that I made it ALL about the guests and not us (the bride & groom).  I made sure that there was a picture of every single guest in there (I made sure I didn't forget anyone).  There were barely any pictures of us except for the cover page and the last page of our trash the dress session.  If the booklet has tons of pictures of the couple I think it defeats the purpose and won't make your guests as excited.  I made everyone relive the week and they loved seeing pictures of themselves having fun.   

#23 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
      • 594 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

THANK YOU for posting this!! It's so unique and different. You've inspired me as I now want to do one after our wedding!!

#24 brendee2005

brendee2005
        • 456 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

I love this! Thanks for sharing!

#25 TropicLover

TropicLover
          • 293 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

Thanks Simba, it sounds like bubble envelops are the way to go!  Good point about the pictures, I totally agree with you by ensuring all the guests were shown throughout the book.  Oh I'm so excited about doing these, I just need to remember to be a photographer outside of the wedding day.  Thanks again for this great idea!  You should buy stocks in the company as I think from this point a ton of ladies are going to bombared their site

Mypublisher.com sends you each individual booklet wrapped in a clear plastic envelope which protects them and makes them look even more professional:)  To mail them out, I left the booklets in the plastic wrapper and put each one in padded/bubble envelopes from the post office.  But I really didn't mail that many out.  I had 55 guests at my wedding and I only gave one booklet per couple,so roughly 22 booklets went out.  Some of them I just hand delivered (i.e. my mom, brothers, in-laws).  So, I think at the end I mailed out about 16 booklets which made it more affordable.

As a side note to everyone thinking of doing these.... what really made this booklets special is that I made it ALL about the guests and not us (the bride & groom).  I made sure that there was a picture of every single guest in there (I made sure I didn't forget anyone).  There were barely any pictures of us except for the cover page and the last page of our trash the dress session.  If the booklet has tons of pictures of the couple I think it defeats the purpose and won't make your guests as excited.  I made everyone relive the week and they loved seeing pictures of themselves having fun.   

#26 passionsarcasm

passionsarcasm
            • 206 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

Cynthia...thank you so very much for sharing...you are absolutely right..your Thank You cards are definitely unique and amazing! You were a beautiful Bride and your wedding photos look gorgeous. I have to admit that I will be "stealing" this idea...Such an elegant and thoughtful way to thank your guests...from the personalized notes to making sure everyone was included in the photos...you are definitely in the right biz of marketing! Sincerely Thank you!!!

#27 krsmith

krsmith
              • 528 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:25 PM

What a great idea!!! And pretty darn affordable if you take advantage of the deals. I might just have to do this myself!

#28 mandijacole

mandijacole
                • 156 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:01 PM

What an awesome idea for thank yous!!!!  I am definitely stealing this idea :)

Originally Posted by simba1234 

A long time ago I started a thread asking for opinions on a crazy idea I had for thank you cards (I get these crazy ideas in my head all the time:)  At the time I wanted to create a mini magazine. Here's my original thread: thank you cover.jpg

thank you rehearsal.jpg

thank you 2.jpg

thank you 3.jpg

thank you 4.jpg

thank you 7.jpg

thank you last.jpg

I did these through Mypublisher.com which is super, super easy to use!   All you do is drag and drop your pictures where you want them.  The print quality was absolutely AMAZING and stunning!  The colors were vibrant, the pages were premium and high quality.  It looked really professional.  A lot of people thought I got these as part of my photographer package.  I LOVE mypublisher.com (you would think I'm a spokesperson for them :) 

Each book is small - the size is 5.75 x 7.75 (if you want a visual, just take a piece of paper and fold it in half - it's about that size).

The cost for a booklet with 20 pages is $9.99 BUT they have these great promotions all the time so you can get a really good discount.  In my case, I took advantage of a buy one, get one free promotion so each book came out to less than $5.  I sent one to each couple. 

If you think that's too much money, they have a new even smaller booklet now which is only $2.49. 

This is something you can only pull off with a DW because it's less people so you can include pictures of everyone in the book AND you won't break the bank sending one to everyone. 

Hope this inspires someone to do something different.  I wanted to really find a way to thank my guests in a unique way because not only did they take their personal time and money to travel far, they also gave us the best gift of all by giving us a week that we will never forget for the rest of our lives.  It was worth the $100 bucks or so I spent on them. 

#29 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
                  • 718 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:06 AM

I love your photos! So much fun on your wedding. So really love them. 

#30 shan0487

shan0487
                    • 1,393 posts
                    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:14 AM

Very good point! No one wants a book of just the bride and groom- they want it to be a book of the vacation and be included in the photos!!!

Originally Posted by simba1234 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users