Photo

My AMAZING and unique "THANK YOU CARDS" - UPDATE (with Pics)

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 simba1234

simba1234
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:35 AM

A long time ago I started a thread asking for opinions on a crazy idea I had for thank you cards (I get these crazy ideas in my head all the time:)  At the time I wanted to create a mini magazine. Here's my original thread: thank you cover.jpg

thank you rehearsal.jpg

thank you 2.jpg

thank you 3.jpg

thank you 4.jpg

thank you 7.jpg

thank you last.jpg

I did these through Mypublisher.com which is super, super easy to use!   All you do is drag and drop your pictures where you want them.  The print quality was absolutely AMAZING and stunning!  The colors were vibrant, the pages were premium and high quality.  It looked really professional.  A lot of people thought I got these as part of my photographer package.  I LOVE mypublisher.com (you would think I'm a spokesperson for them :) 

Each book is small - the size is 5.75 x 7.75 (if you want a visual, just take a piece of paper and fold it in half - it's about that size).

The cost for a booklet with 20 pages is $9.99 BUT they have these great promotions all the time so you can get a really good discount.  In my case, I took advantage of a buy one, get one free promotion so each book came out to less than $5.  I sent one to each couple. 

If you think that's too much money, they have a new even smaller booklet now which is only $2.49. 

This is something you can only pull off with a DW because it's less people so you can include pictures of everyone in the book AND you won't break the bank sending one to everyone. 

Hope this inspires someone to do something different.  I wanted to really find a way to thank my guests in a unique way because not only did they take their personal time and money to travel far, they also gave us the best gift of all by giving us a week that we will never forget for the rest of our lives.  It was worth the $100 bucks or so I spent on them. 

#2 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
    • 995 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL, UNIQUE AND THE PICS ARE STUNNING!!!

thanks for sharing such a unique way to thank guests for making your big day memorable...

LOVE IT!!!

BRAVO and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

R~

#3 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
      • Banned
      • 630 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:47 AM

Those are soo nice.  I am not surprised all of your guests called and raved about them.

I am not sure my fiance would be willing to go for it, but I may just have to sneak around and do this on my own!

And congratulations on your wedding - it looks like your group had an amazing time.

#4 simba1234

simba1234
        • 179 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:50 AM

Thank you!  I just realized that for some reason the picture of the cover page has some weird image over it so I'm re-posting it..

thank you cover.jpg

#5 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
          • 1,748 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:51 AM

OMG AMAZING idea!!!!!!! I am totally stealing this I just LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did!!!!!! What a great way to thank your guests while providing essentially a photo album of the week for them!!!! Now I just have to be sure we take a TON of pictures!!!!!

Thanks 

#6 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
            • 1,252 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:40 AM

im so glad i went through thank you posts...i luv this idea, and its such a great way to share your week, i might have to use this idea. $5.00 is a great price wow

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#7 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
              • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:07 AM

This is simply amazing!! Fab Idea. 

#8 Cdunn514

Cdunn514
                • 186 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:32 AM

This is such a great idea, and they turned out amazing!

#9 JBean

JBean
                  • 429 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

Great idea! I very well might steal it! ;)

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
                    Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
                    Bride & Groom + 29

#10 shan0487

shan0487
                    • 1,393 posts
                    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:50 PM

Wow this is amazing!!! You did a wonderful job! I am so stealing this idea- but I will probably make the smaller books! How much did the books you made cost you to send in the mail?  Thankyou so much for sharing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users