Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

• Please log in to reply
2806 replies to this topic

#1111 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mya062813 

the attached document was sent to me from Anel, it will answer alot of questions you may have

Hey Mya could you email me this pdf? I cannot download attachments :( kpoirier@ualberta.ca

Attached Files

#1112 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
    • 315 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by danda 

Hi Ladies!  Just got back from an amazing week at the Now Sapphire. 

The wedding was like in a fairy tale.  Everything went pretty smoothly.  We had 50 people total including 6 children between 2 and 13.

The gazebo in the Divine package DOES include the white linens.  If you want another color, it's an extra cost.

We used DJ Doremixx and sent the deposit via Western Union.  Everything went through and he did a great job. 

We got flowers through Mayan Floral.  Marvin is great w/ communicating.  We got flowers for the gazebo, centerpieces, bridesmaids bouquets and a "kissing ball" for the flower girl.  Arrangements were gorgeous.  He met our friend in the lobby and we kept the flowers in Ramon's office until it was time to set them out for the wedding.  Marvin even came out and arranged the flowers at 4pm and we were not charged the vendor's fee.  We used the resort photographer and videographer.  We're happy with our photos but haven't seen our video yet.  They will be sending it out along with our photo album book. 

I spent hours sifting through all the posts on this website and was so grateful for all the feedback. 

If anyone has specific questions feel free to ask!  I would love to help if I can :)

Hi Danda!

Thanks for your awesome outline of your special day :) We may also have up to 50 people and would love to have a great private reception area to dance the night away (with free liquor all night lol).

Do you mind me asking what kind of budgeting you did for this resort? Ie what costs added up to for you in terms of the number of guests at dinner, etc? I can PM you if you prefer :)

#1113 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
      • 315 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by amandab563 

The price per person for the divine package dinner over 25 guests is $66.78 per person with the tax and service charge. That is just the dinner, that is not including the cocktail hour, champagne, cake, or chairs but their are ways to cut costs with all of that.

yikes!

#1114 kylat

kylat
        • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

Yea

Hey Mya could you email me this pdf? I cannot download attachments :( kpoirier@ualberta.ca

Me too please!!! kyla.tingley@gmail.com

#1115 van83

van83
          • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

I am thinking of having my wedding at the Now Sapphire but am worried about the extra costs for guests. Did everyone pay the 99 dollars per guest over the 25 for the devine wedding package? Or is that what the cost is?

#1116 tcaurie07

tcaurie07
            • 17 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 8, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

HI Ladies,

I have seen a few people post about using the DJ at the resort for their reception.  I don't see DJ services in any of the packages though.  Is the DJ an add on?  If so, any recommendations on using the one in house or a vendor??

Thanks in advance!!

Toni

#1117 tcaurie07

tcaurie07
            • 17 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 8, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Another question - re: chairs... is there an extra fee to use the bamboo chairs at the reception??  Extra fees are going to be the death of me!  Grrrr

#1118 meganator22

meganator22
            • 79 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
            • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire
            • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Yea Me too please!!! kyla.tingley@gmail.com

I put these in my pictures on my profile if you'd like to see them. I believe there's two packets there

#1119 Amber Coulter

Amber Coulter
            • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

has anyone used or paid for the orchid curtains for the canopy during the ceremony? I'm wondering the cost associated with?

#1120 Noxx

Noxx
              • 97 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by tcaurie07 

Another question - re: chairs... is there an extra fee to use the bamboo chairs at the reception??  Extra fees are going to be the death of me!  Grrrr

Yes there is a fee for the bamboo chairs honestly i would say pass on them i saw them they are nice but is it worth the money for the 3 hours your guests will be sitting in them? if you have a wedding like mine your guests will all be on the dance floor.

Check into the price i believe they are$ 5-$15 extra each. they are nice though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users