RFinger

Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

Figured since the Paradisus tread isn't getting much action I would created a new one that is called Now Sapphire. I heard back from Sandra today and our wedding date was confirmed for 5/5/2012. Who else is getting married here and what dates?

Oh, and I mentioned in the other thread, but we're getting married March 24, 2012. Can't wait!

Thought I'd reply to this thread so we get shifted over!

Short answer.. I'd say you're okay to send it at anytime now.

Long answer.. I'd say think about your guest list. If you know that a lot of your people will need to save up money or need notice to get time off work, I'd say send your info sooner than later. In our case, we decided to skip save the dates and just send out the invite with all the travel info way in advance, at about the time people normally probably send STD's -- we sent it out about 9-10 months ahead of the wedding date. Seemed really early, but I wanted to get it on people's mind so they could put down deposits, start watching flight prices, get time secured off work with plenty of notice, etc. Worked out well for us.. Out of the 40 people we know are coming, we have all but 2 with their hotel and flight booked, and we're still about 3 months out.

Originally Posted by RFinger View Post

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/74418/now-sapphire-weddings-formerly-paradisus-riviera

This is the one I made the first week of July but only 2 people responded. If ours is 5/5/2012 when should we send the save the dAtes?

Thanks for starting this thread!!

As I posted in the other thread I am getting married here March 16, 2012.

RFinger:  I sent out my save the dates exactly one year ahead.  It included the date, resort name, my travel agents info and my website with the detailed room deposit info for my guests.

For Save the Dates, because we are less than 8 months out now, I think we will just an informal save the date with a link to our website in the next few weeks, and then send a formal invite in a couple of months. I seems silly to send out two invites in the mail so close to one another, and all information pertaining to the wedding will be on the website anyway.

Hello ladies,

I just saw the link to this new forum, thanks RFinger for getting this thread started.  My date has been confirmed, it's 5/18/12.

AmyG, thanks for your PM about the group rates.  Unfortunately, I decided to negotiate with the resort directly and I do not have a travel agent so I may be going through a different process.

I just sent out my save the dates this week. I am also in the process of setting up a wedding website that includes the travel info so that my guests will be able to start tracking flights and hopefully book their rooms some time in the near future.