Photo

Trash the Dress....yes or no???

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#261 WPGBride

WPGBride
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:10 AM

We did our trash the dress in the morning because there are very little people up and about at that time and the light is nice. However, not the day after the wedding. We just picked a day while we were still at the resort and got dressed up again to trash the dress. It was a great experience and wonderful photos.

#262 780chick

780chick
    • 263 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

We stayed two weeks and did our TTD the second week when everybody left.  I did my makeup, but it was gone within minutes of underwater shooting.  I do have eyelash extensions which I love. Here are some TTD teaser pics from our photographer

528105_10150781923586667_723776666_11645106_515575524_n.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

#263 Peach

Peach
      • 1,293 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:51 AM

I have also heard a lot of brides say that they do it the morning after so hair and makeup still look alright. 

We will be doing our the morning after, but that is because the photographer will still be around then. 

Originally Posted by katman 

Thanks for the tips Abby. False eyelashes are a great idea (although I will have to learn to put them on...)
        Question...why is it that most people seem to do their TTD so early the morning after the wedding? There has to be a reason for this that I'm missing, lol. I will probably use the same dress I get married in, mostly to keep the luggage to a minimum ... another dress will just take up precious space haha.

#264 katman

katman
        • 170 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

Gorgeous! Wow! If you did it again would you have bothered with makeup? Did you just do your own hair as well? Who was your photographer, by the way? STUNNNING

We stayed two weeks and did our TTD the second week when everybody left.  I did my makeup, but it was gone within minutes of underwater shooting.  I do have eyelash extensions which I love. Here are some TTD teaser pics from our photographer Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#265 780chick

780chick
          • 263 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

Katman, If I were to do it again, I wouldn't have done my makeup. I had gone to sephora and got all this "waterproof" stuff but we started with the underwater photos right away because of the lighting and we wanted to get shots in before the tourists arrived. If we didn't do underwater shots and just did pictures on the beach, I would do my makeup. Make sure you get a dress that is lighter fabric. My ceremony dress was satin and was heavy. This one was much lighter but weighed a ton when it got wet. My photographer was Gonzalo Nunez he is awesome and has such a calm and fun personality.

#266 janette34

janette34
            • 417 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:55 AM

For anyone considering doing a TTD - DO IT!  Once I saw some pictures I knew I wanted to do a cenote session but my husband was pretty reluctant.  He thought it was a waste of money and why did we need to do this, no one else we know have pictures like this, which is exactly why I wanted to do it.  So I paid a deposit and told him and gave him the next 6 months to get used to the fact it was going to happen.  The day of the TTD he was like a kid at Christmas and couldn't stop saying how much fun it actually was.  Here are some of my tips if you're going to do an underwater shoot:

Wear your hair up - I didn't and ended up regretting this as I constantly pulling my hair away from my face.

Don't worry about the make up - its going to wash off anyway once you get in the water.

If you think you're a decent swimmer imagine what it will be like with a wet dress and a weight belt around your waist.  I'm not trying to scare anyone off but with my wet dress and an extra 20 lbs or so tied around my waist I couldn't swim nearly as well as I thought I would be able too.  I did have a teeny tiny incident when my dress got tangled around my legs and I couldn't make it to the surface but that is why they have assistants with them - he was quick to grab me and pull me up.

Take some accesories with you - I took my real touch bouquet and some barefoot sandals with me. 

Relax and have fun, trust your photographer and just go with it.

I can't wait, I should have my pictures by next week and I'm so excited to see them!

#267 WPGBride

WPGBride
              • 203 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

MARKOWSKI TTD-0048.jpg

MARKOWSKI TTD-0062.jpg

MARKOWSKI TTD-0103.jpg

A couple photos from my TTD session with Anel from Dreams Riviera Resorts. Please forgive the ample boobage, those puppies did not want to stay in my dress the whole shoot with my dress being weighed down from the water.

#268 joda

joda
                • 205 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

Beautiful pictures WPGBride! And I think it is perfectly acceptable for the boobs to show a bit more for a TTD, makes it even sexier ;)

#269 MsBlissMpls

MsBlissMpls
                  • 253 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

We Trashed the Dress and the Suit! :) It was the most fun we've ever had.

Only have a few sneek peak photos so far, and we turned one into the cover of our Thank You cards. Here are a few!

Amanda+Jeremiah_T_SP_0004.jpg

Amanda+Jeremiah_T_SP_0003.jpg

Amanda+Jeremiah_T_SP_0005.jpg

#270 whatsup

whatsup
                    • 110 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:42 AM

wow so beautiful, yeah not sure about the fire thing either, but that might be fake fire anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users