sojahseh81

Trash the Dress....yes or no???

So my sister turned me onto this new phenomenon "Trash the Dress" 

I've seen some photos, I actually LOVE the idea! I am big into photography and I love the creativity of the shots. I am getting married in April of 2012, and am debating on doing this myself. Talk to me!!

I am also considering having a trash the dress session but I am not sure.  My mom doesn't want me to "trash" my wedding dress so she has thrown out the idea of getting a copy cat dress.  I have seen a lot of brides on here do that as well.

I did it and it was a lot of fun.  Afterwards I was glad I did it but I will say that the photos are "must have's".  Again, it was fun!

I did mine in my actual wedding dress. It was heavy to begin with, but with water and sand, it was darn near impossible to move anymore! I enjoyed the experience and wouldn't trade it, but I would consider getting a lighter dress. Simply for the reason that the dress becomes to heavy that it saps your energy and can take the fun out of it. If you're keen on doing the TTD in your actual dress, then limit it to just water, like a pool b/c adding sand is messy and heavy. I can't wait to get my photos!

@eholt - Do you have any photo's you'd like to share? I'd love to see them!

@anichols8 - I know right! I love the ones in the water! 

@AfricanVEnus - Please share when you get them! I'd love to see what you've done!

Amazing pictures!

Originally Posted by sojahseh81 View Post

Trash-the-dress-9.jpg

trash-wedding-779056.jpgtrash-the-dress-photos-hawaii-003.JPGttd.jpg

These are a few I saw and liked alot...but I'd be too afraid of messing with fire, I have dreadlocks, lol..

I'm all up for doing it.  At first I didn't want to. But then I started thinking when am I ever going to wear a wedding dress in beautiful caribbean beach with the love of my life.  Then it has become a most.  Can't wait.

I think you should do it! It looks like a lot of fun! I probably will...just need to figure out what the additional cost is.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • I’m getting married next May at the Azul Sensatori  in Cancun, I believe they have a hotel specific DJ. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on that versus spending money for an outside vendor and if so any recommendations on a good DJ in that area? Thanks for the help.
    • I admire brave brides. I'm generally afraid of a wedding. Breaking outdated rules is cool. You're good😇
    • My wedding date is set for the next April. The ceremony will be held on the beach too. I chose a dress style but not sure about the accessories like a crown and the need for a warm cape. The open back wedding dresses https://www.cathytelle.com/category/wedding-dresses/?filter_back=open&query_type_back=or  help me to choose, please! I like the third dress just with the location on the beach, like I'm dreaming about. In case of bad weather, I need to pick up a cape, so where can I find it? Only a new thing will fit, cause my grany is very superstitious (( I will be grateful for the web-addresses of jewelry shop with good reputation
    • Hello, I'm looking to have feedback about decorations for your wedding at Barcelo Maya Palace. We are getting married in Dec 2020, and I tried to get info from WC for what it's included as decoration for mint breeze or Straberry Package. It seems to be normal to pay extra for everything, but before to go further, i would like to now what basically come included?? I'm looking to know what is included for table decorations (center, if it's looking the same on when you go at a restaurant a la carte, table sheet white or colored), huppa for beach wedding (white or color), deco for chair, etc? Did you had to pay an extra to bring your own decorations? Did you pay an extra to have your reception in a beach restaurant? And what about a beach reception? Are the lights are included ?your help will be really appreciated!    Thank you
    • If you use the search function for those locations you may better be able to find something. What exactly are you looking for? Recs on photographers?
  • Topics