My DIY pocketfold invitations!!! easy to do with PICS!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 erindegagne

• 40 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:33 AM

Hey ladies, Here are my DIY invites! I wanted to do a square invite with a pocketfold but thought the bigger one with the three folds would be too much work. Here is what I did...

I took a 8.5"x11" peice of yellow polka dot cardstock (from micheals) and cut it in half to make two 5.5"x8.5" peices.

Then I measured three inches at the end of the paper then scorred the cardstock with a boning knife. I wanted the pocket to be more interesting so i measured one inch down from the middle of the fold and cut on a diagonal from each end.

I glued the sides down with a hot glue gun. It is now a 5.5"x5.5" invite which is perfect for the square envelopes that i found.

Here it is,

For the front of my invite i have to give full credit to TRIS!! I used her DIY linen invites to design mine and i used almost the same layout and wording because i loved them so much! THANKS TRIS!!

I just used microsoft word and altough it took a bit of playing around it didn't really take a lot of time!

I printed it out on lightyellow cardstock and cut it out using a paper cutter so it measured 5"x5"

I glued it on with spray glue (again from micheals)

Here it is,

Now for the inserts...

They aren't totally done yet because i dont have all of the  information yet but when i finish i will post them!

They measured 5"x5", 5"x4.5" and 5"x4" and the RSVP is 5"x3"

I also just cut these out using a paper cutter..

Here it is,

I hope you guys like the invites!! if anyone has any questions i would be happy to help!!

#2 LisaandJeff

• 296 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:23 AM

Oh my gosh, Erin!  Your invites are beautiful!  I ordered my pocket-fold invites and I think I might like yours better!  Great job!

June 18, 2011 * Cabo Azul Resort

#3 Maritza919

• 421 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

so pretty!! Great job!

#4 angel366

• 90 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

OMG do you have a template you could email me?! i have been pouring over invitations and hate EVERYTHING and i LOVE this!!! i can't open attachments though :( my email is angel366@aol.com!!

#5 IslandBride201x

• 237 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

Your invites turned out incredible!  Thank you for sharing!

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
            Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
            Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#6 nairay

• 156 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:16 PM

Beautiful! Great job, thanks for sharing!

#7 tris

• 609 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:22 PM

They turned out great :)

Did you get some inspiration from mine? They look super similar ;)

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#8 tris

• 609 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:23 PM

OOPS! I must have missed you wrote that in your post ;)! SORRY!

You did a great job!! How did they work out for you?

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#9 erindegagne

• 40 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

Thanks Ladies!! glad you like them!

Angel366 I sent you an email, let me know if it helps at all!

#10 harkatea

• 161 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:13 AM

Wow, I love the formatting of that and they're so bold!  Seems like the perfect move for a destination wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users