With only 3 weeks left to go until we leave for my wedding, I decided on Monday that I needed to figure out what I was going to do in regards to a hair flower.  I didn't want to risk ordering online somewhere and not have it arrive on time. I'm also pretty frugal. ;)  So I did a google search for a free hair flower tutorial and found one here! http://www.simplyvintagegirl.com/blog/index.php/2010/05/29/tutorial-how-to-make-lovely-fabric-flowers

As a result of removing about 4ft of fabric off the train of my dress, I had a LOT of taffeta to play around with. So Monday night I sat down and got to work.  Let me just say, I LOVE the result!!

Here's a shot of it in my hair showing the size (before I added the jewel to the middle)

DSC03227.jpg

And here's the final product!

DSC03234.jpg

Ladies, if you're adventurous enough to give it a try, let me tell you, it was SO EASY to make!  No lie, probably only took about 45 minutes!  The only thing I have left to do is actually sew on the bobby pins! :)

that looks great! perfect size and the jewel in the center is so pretty!

thanks for the link! I think I'm going to try to make my own also as they can be pretty pricey.