50 replies to this topic

#21 yeya99

• 111 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:24 PM

Wedding Ceremony:

Ocean Front Our Lady of Guapdalupe Catholic Church
    Blvd. Kukulcan Km. 11.5, Hotel Zone
    Cancun, Q. Roo, M©xico, OT/Other 77500
    Chapel located on site of the Grand Craribe Real Hotel.

Wedding Reception

Hacienda La Esperanza
    Alfredo V. Bonfi
    Cancºn Quintana Roo

While we took our wedding pictures guests had a welcome cocktail hour where they were greeted with Tequila sunrise and Pi±a coladas along with

Shrimp mango skewers with a sweet and sour sauce

Tamarind lobster tails on a crispy tostada

Caviar served on seashells,

Tai veggi rolls with prune and ginger sauce

Teresa Tart (tart made with puff pastry topped with eggplant, tomato and cheese)

That helped them get into the party mood and satisfy any hunger they might of had while we took our pictures and arrived to the hacienda. They enjoyed this while they looked on to a  Mayan fire dancer show.  You can see a tiny bit of show on the video above it was attached to the end of the Mayan Ceremony Clip.

mayan dancers.jpg

We arrived in horse carriage      

horse and carriage.jpg

Center Pieces and Color Pallet theme were

hacienda16.jpg                                                                hacienda13.jpg

Tiffany Chairs with brown sahes and cream colored table cloths and seat cushions.

After the show guests toured the hacienda and then were seated for dinner.  Mariachi played during the

Guests requested their favorite Mexican Mariachi songs while they helped themselves to a full on Mexican Buffet Dinner

mariachi.jpg                                            amiga.jpg

After the show guests toured the hacienda and then were seated for dinner.  Mariachi played during the

Guests requested their favorite Mexican Mariachi songs while they helped themselves to a full on Mexican Buffet Dinner

* Mixed greens salad with pear, apple walnuts, goats cheese and a light soy and lemon vinaigrette.

* Filete de pescado a la veracruzana  (Flaky, white fish simmered in a Veracruz style sauce with capers and green olives.

* Mole poblano (pollo) (Mole poblano contains about twenty ingredients, including chili peppers and chocolate, which works to tame the heat of the chili peppers. But it is not a chocolate sauce per se as it is just one of the many ingredients and does not dominate.  In Mexico its a staple at weddings and big holidays.

* Chiles rellenos de queso (stuffed peppers with cheese

* Fajitas de Arrachera ( Beef Fajitas)

GUARNICIONES (Buffet escoger 4 opciones )

* Arroz salvaje con albaricoque y ar¡ndanos secos (wild rice with driedcherriesand apricots)

* Calabaza con relleno de pan de ma­z  (Zucchinifilled with corn bread stuffing)

* Batatas con esencia de vainilla (Sweet potatoes with vanilla esences.

* Frijoes *Charros ( Mexican style beans with all the toppings

* Buffet was accompanied with a variety red and green hot sauces, guacamole, pico de gallo  tortillas :

Our Desert TableSpread

* Pulpa de Mango con licor de Xtabentun ( Frozen mango pulp with Xtabentun liquor

* Caf© de olla with canela y piloncillo) (Mexican style coffee with cinnamon & hot sugar cane syrup

* Flan de queso Napolitano (steamed caramel cheese cake)

* Bu±uelos (  Sweet Columbian style fritters

* Arroz con leche ( Sweet rice pudding)

Our reception went into the after party. When the clock stroke 11pm table of appetizers was brought and traditional live Mexican band arrived (tamborazo) While they played people continied to slam tequila, rum, wine, cognac, whisky, and margaritas and helped them selves to

* “Sopes” de picadillo ( thick corn boats filled with ground beef

* “Tostadas” de tinga  ( chicken tinga  topped on a crispy tortilla shell)

* Salbutes & Panuchos -Salbutes and panuchos are popular antojitos (appetizers or snacks) in the Yucatan area of Mexico. Salbutes are small, thick tortillas, deep-fried, and then topped with shredded meat and vegetables. Panuchas are similar but are also topped with beans. Habanero chiles are usually added to both salbutes and panuchos.

* Tacos fritos ( fried tacos)

* Tamalitos( con pollo) & Quesadillas  (tamales and quesadillas) 

First Dance At last by Etta James! We met online many years ago and went through so many things to be together having to face family obstacles, job loses, and living in different counties UK and UK.  It was crazy but we managed to make it through it all.  This song in the end was fit for us.dance.jpg

So for the dress laddies I chose white!  Many pick the Ivory but for some reason the white was stunning to me! Here is a clip of us getting ready in the morni

ning, and then the day after trash de dress video!

#22 KCB2011

• 308 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:29 PM

Sorry to hear about the bustling mix up, but you still looked gorgeous!  Thanks for the tip about the 2nd loop, good idea as the bottom of the dress could be pretty heavy.

#23 morgan7

• 219 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:33 PM

wow it looks like you guys had an amazing time! i love the video and the music you chose! one of my favorites

#24 deannamarie85

• 447 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:35 PM

What a beautiful wedding! It looks like everything went off without a hitch! Congrats!

#25 QueenDiva

• 521 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:03 PM

So, so beautiful! EVERYTHING looks amazing!

#26 Janet1480

• 709 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:45 PM

Yes.I second that! great tip on the back up for the bustle! Thanks!

You and your husband make a beautiful/handsome couple :) Congrats.

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#27 CBREWSTER

• 190 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:59 AM

Everything looks Amazing1 Congrats. You were a beautiful bride!!

#28 b2b2011

• 58 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:37 PM

Wow! I love all of your personal touches.

#29 Bride2B22

• 677 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

Everything looks beyond amazing!!!! love the videos!!!! 

#30 yeya99

• 111 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

Thank you every one! I wish I could get married all over again. All I have to say is enjoy and savour every min of your wedding day.  We wait and plan so much for it and the dream is gone in a flash. sigh.   Being a bride is awesome!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users