Mireyas planning beach/hacienda wedding journal * pic heavy

The Dress ADORAE!    

by Maggie Sottero and Midgley

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?style=JSM1307

After trying on a few and even purchasing a dress on ebay , just did not feel like it was my dress. So when I saw this dress in a magazine I had to try it on and when I did

I knew it was THE ONE

It was simple enough for a beach ceremony and elegant enough for an hacienda reception.

DSCN0945.jpg DSCN0946.JPG

I chose a chapel length mantilla veil. Ever since I was little I always knew I wanted a traditional Mexican veil for my wedding.  This one was prefect as it  had little diamonds the sparkled around the embodied lace  and hence matched the beautiful sparkly accent on the dress.

DSCN0944 (2).jpg

The hard part was picking the color of the dress White or Ivory

DSCN0951.JPG

So which color do you think I picked for my big day?!?!? I cant wait to get my pics on Monday!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by yeya99 View Post

Nice!  Hacienda Corazon looks amazing!!!!  We had our reception at hacienda La Esperanza.

Its not on the beach though but the whole estate grounds are lovely.    Our Catholic ceremony was at a chapel on the beach and then we moved the whole party to the hacienda. It was about 30 min from the Cancun tourist zone.  I cant wait to get my official pics and video! 

Hi, do you have the website for this hacienda. Also, how far is it from the beach?

Thanks

I will like if you have informations that you can send me about la hacienda La Esperanza. My email is : jellybeans88@msn.com. I would like to know how many people can stay there ? His the rental by day or weekly? If you judge anything useful for a wedding over there, I will be happy to have them, this place look REALLY AMAZING!!!

Thanks!

The hacienda is in a very rural place, Its not on the beach what so ever. It is in the middle of nowhere. I donâ€t recommend staying there a week if you want to be close to the water as its not accessible to the beach.  Itâ€s a good 30- 40 min drive from Cancun off the beaten path. It is very tranquil and beautiful though.  It does have great stables and lots of people who play polo rent it out to practice as they have polo courts and equestrian classes there.  Rentals start at a minimum of $ 5,000 usd a day.  You can rent it per day not exclusive per week, which is great as most haciendas require you to rent it for a week!

If you want to have a beach hacienda wedding I recommend sticking to hacienda Corazon that looks breathtaking. I wanted and hacienda right on the beach but I could not find one. Hence we decided to have a very casual Mayan ceremony on the beach, the catholic ceremony overlooking the ocean and then went for the whole Mexican rustic hacienda theme for the reception.  In this way my husband got his beach wedding and I got my dream of a hacienda wedding close to my roots. Had we know about hacienda Corazon we would have gone for it, we could have killed two birds with one stone!  Itâ€s funny how you find everything after you donâ€t need it. LOL.Also the Catholic Church wont allow you to get married anywhere but inside a church so we looked for a catholic chapel overlooking the ocean. It was the next best thing. I would have loved to have a full on Catholic ceremony right on the beach but that is simply not allowed in the catholic faith. =0(  

Still if your interested they have three rental properties.  Go to http://www.hacienda-andalucia.com/eng/hacienda-andalucia-groups-and-events-services/facilities-at-hacienda-andalucia/hacienda-andalucia-in-hacienda-andalucia

Click on the groups tab and you can see all the properties.   Las Marias and Andalucía are a bit smaller  lest pricier but still just as nice.

Originally Posted by Carolineandtaylan View Post

I will like if you have informations that you can send me about la hacienda La Esperanza. My email is : jellybeans88@msn.com. I would like to know how many people can stay there ? His the rental by day or weekly? If you judge anything useful for a wedding over there, I will be happy to have them, this place look REALLY AMAZING!!!

Thanks!

I think the train is what makes this dress look so amazing.  Like a BIG MORON, I forgot to un bustle it when I walked down the isle. AGGGGGGGGGGGG. I was so nervous that day and was just going with the motions that completely overlooked that the train was bustle when I put it on I forgot to let it loose. Nor did either my mom or sisters remind me to un bustle it as they forgot as well.  I only remembered AFTER the ceremony. You donâ€t know how much I kicked myself in the butt for this. I did let it down for the pictures after I remembered it.    =0(  Thinking about it makes me cry.    My seamstress only did one hook on the side and during the reception the threaded loop that she stitched to have a side bustle broke so I ended up having to have the train down during the reception. It was my fault, I should have asked to have more than one hook done as a back up. So make sure you get more than one hook done if you get a side bustle.  I did have a ring hook to carry the train on my finger and not have to drag it.  Still I would have liked to have been hands free. But after they rolled out the tequila I pretty much forgot and let got LOL.

Originally Posted by KCB2011 View Post

I LOVE that dress, I tried it on and loved it but wasn't sure about the train .... did it bustle well so you could move for the reception without the train dragging?  It looks great on you!

Wedding Ceremony:

Ocean Front Our Lady of Guapdalupe Catholic Church
Blvd. Kukulcan Km. 11.5, Hotel Zone
Cancun, Q. Roo, México, OT/Other 77500
Chapel located on site of the Grand Craribe Real Hotel.

http://www.realresorts.com/Caribe_Real/

chapel.jpg

Wedding Reception

Hacienda La Esperanza
Alfredo V. Bonfi
Cancún Quintana Roo

Tel. 52(998)2060285

Best Man and Groom

adieltas.jpg

OK ladies I chose WHITE ADORAE GOWN!  Many pick the Ivory but for some reason the white was stunning to me!

bigmoment.jpg

vows1.jpg

adielmireya3.jpg

last.jpg   adielmireya1.jpg

haciendalaesperanza.jpg 

While we took our wedding pictures guests had a welcome cocktail hour where they were greeted with Tequila sunrise and Piña coladas along with

GOURMENT CANAPES

Shrimp mango skewers with a sweet and sour sauce

Tamarind lobster tails on a crispy tostada

Caviar served on seashells,

Tai veggi rolls with prune and ginger sauce

Teresa Tart (tart made with puff pastry topped with eggplant, tomato and cheese)

That helped them get into the party mood and satisfy any hunger they might of had while we took our pictures and arrived to the hacienda. They enjoyed this while they looked on to a  Mayan fire dancer show.  You can see a tiny bit of show on the video above it was attached to the end of the Mayan Ceremony Clip.

mayan dancers.jpg

We arrived in horse carriage      

horse and carriage.jpg

entrance.jpg

dancers2.jpg

Center Pieces and Color Pallet theme were

hacienda1.jpghacienda2.jpghacienda7.jpg

hacienda16.jpg                                                                hacienda13.jpg

Inside the palapa thatched roof where the dinner was held.

palapa.jpg

Tiffany Chairs with brown sahes and cream colored table cloths and seat cushions.

settings.jpg

After the show guests toured the hacienda and then were seated for dinner.  Mariachi played during the

Guests requested their favorite Mexican Mariachi songs while they helped themselves to a full on Mexican Buffet Dinner

mariachi.jpg                                            amiga.jpg

After the show guests toured the hacienda and then were seated for dinner.  Mariachi played during the

Guests requested their favorite Mexican Mariachi songs while they helped themselves to a full on Mexican Buffet Dinner

* Mixed greens salad with pear, apple walnuts, goats cheese and a light soy and lemon vinaigrette.

CREAMS

*  CARROT SOUP

BUFFET MEXICANO

* Filete de pescado a la veracruzana  (Flaky, white fish simmered in a Veracruz style sauce with capers and green olives.

* Mole poblano (pollo) (Mole poblano contains about twenty ingredients, including chili peppers and chocolate, which works to tame the heat of the chili peppers. But it is not a chocolate sauce per se as it is just one of the many ingredients and does not dominate.  In Mexico its a staple at weddings and big holidays.

* Chiles rellenos de queso (stuffed peppers with cheese

* Fajitas de Arrachera ( Beef Fajitas)

GUARNICIONES (Buffet escoger 4 opciones )

* Arroz salvaje con albaricoque y arándanos secos (wild rice with driedcherriesand apricots)

* Calabaza con relleno de pan de maíz  (Zucchinifilled with corn bread stuffing)

* Batatas con esencia de vainilla (Sweet potatoes with vanilla esences.

* Frijoes *Charros ( Mexican style beans with all the toppings

* Buffet was accompanied with a variety red and green hot sauces, guacamole, pico de gallo  tortillas :

Our Desert TableSpread

* Pulpa de Mango con licor de Xtabentun ( Frozen mango pulp with Xtabentun liquor

* Café de olla with canela y piloncillo) (Mexican style coffee with cinnamon & hot sugar cane syrup

* Flan de queso Napolitano (steamed caramel cheese cake)

* Buñuelos (  Sweet Columbian style fritters

* Arroz con leche ( Sweet rice pudding)

Our reception went into the after party. When the clock stroke 11pm table of appetizers was brought and traditional live Mexican band arrived (tamborazo) While they played people continied to slam tequila, rum, wine, cognac, whisky, and margaritas and helped them selves to

AFTER PARTY APPETIZER STATION

* “Sopes†de picadillo ( thick corn boats filled with ground beef

* “Tostadas†de tinga  ( chicken tinga  topped on a crispy tortilla shell)

* Salbutes & Panuchos -Salbutes and panuchos are popular antojitos (appetizers or snacks) in the Yucatan area of Mexico. Salbutes are small, thick tortillas, deep-fried, and then topped with shredded meat and vegetables. Panuchas are similar but are also topped with beans. Habanero chiles are usually added to both salbutes and panuchos.

* Tacos fritos ( fried tacos)

* Tamalitos( con pollo) & Quesadillas  (tamales and quesadillas) 

Cigar roller  for our guests to enjoy after dinner. He was great entertaiment for guests as well

rollers2.jpg

First Dance At last by Etta James! We met online many years ago and went through so many things to be together having to face family obstacles, job loses, and living in different counties UK and UK.  It was crazy but we managed to make it through it all.  This song in the end was fit for us.     

dance.jpg

After cutting the cake, having toasts, dancing like crazy and slamming tequila all night and getting everyone drunk, we decided to go with a bang. Our after party went into the wee hours of the morning. The limo picked us up and we left our guests watching a fireworks display as we were driven off the estate.

weddingparty3.jpg    weddingparty2.jpg   amigas.jpg

drunk.jpg tamorazo.jpg guys.jpg

Time to say good bye!

bye.jpg             dancing.jpg

fireworks.jpg

Here is a clip of us getting ready in the morning on THE big day, and then it cuts off into the day after.... trash de dress session.        

ttd1.jpg