Photo

unsure of my dress!!!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 farlem311

farlem311
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

I just went shopping for wedding dresses and I am starting to question the dress that I said "yes" to.  If feels really light and the fabric is soft (not sure of the actual fabric).  Please let me know what you think.  I was looking for something that will show off my waist and be light enough so that I do not get hot during my DW in Punta Cana.

Front

back

wesley in chicago winter 2011 011.JPG

I am thinking about getting rid of the flower on the top and getting a bejeweled belt to emphasize my waist.

#2 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
    • 355 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

I think it's gorgeous! You look stunning in it. I think it looks really romantic and perfect for a DW, so if it's light - even better!

I like your idea of adding a bejeweled belt in place of the flower.

Great choice! :)

Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#3 mistibuard

mistibuard
      • 444 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

I can't lie Farlem, I think the dress looks great on you! I even like the flower, but I understand you wanting to accentuate your waist though.

It's really pretty and fits so well!

**Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

#4 farlem311

farlem311
        • 219 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

Thanks for the info.  I was really getting worried.  I kept on looking at the picture over and over to see if it looks nice.  I do remember how much I kept on feeling the fabric. 

#5 summafool1

summafool1
          • 223 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

that dress is great! pretty much what i am looking for as well! love it! :)

#6 Melaina

Melaina
            • 139 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

Really pretty :) Personally, I like the flower... adds a little something-something

#7 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
              • 296 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

This looks great on you! I think that this dress absolutely accentuates your waist. I don't think I would add a belt just because the dress is so well-designed. It has that beautiful asymmetrical line in the skirt, and I think a belt would compete with it instead of accentuate it... Just my opinion! Regardless, I love it on you and think you look stunning!! Congrats on finding "the" dress!!
                June 18, 2011 * Cabo Azul Resort

#8 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
                • 899 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:26 AM

Looks beautiful, but I agree with your idea of removing the flower and adding the belt!!  Good luck deciding.

#9 Brandy

Brandy
                  • 2,628 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:31 AM

That dress is gorgeous, and you look beautiful in it!!!!!

#10 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                    • Banned
                    • 630 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:55 AM

I completely agree!  You look great in that dress, you have the romantic ruffles and the sexy tight fit up top. You have the curves to rock this dress.  I also agree with leaving the flower.  I am not sure how a horizontal line would look with all of the nonhorizontal lines in the bust, torso, and skirt.  And take a look at that back view you posted, you already have great definition from the waist to the hips.  (It appears that you do in the front as well, but your hands are hiding your curves!)

BTW this is a lot like the dress I chose, so I am completely biased to the look of the tight and full ruffles....

Originally Posted by LisaandJeff 

This looks great on you! I think that this dress absolutely accentuates your waist. I don't think I would add a belt just because the dress is so well-designed. It has that beautiful asymmetrical line in the skirt, and I think a belt would compete with it instead of accentuate it... Just my opinion! Regardless, I love it on you and think you look stunning!! Congrats on finding "the" dress!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users