Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#5431 AlmostMrsRJF

AlmostMrsRJF
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

Yay!  That's so exciting! Best wishes to you on your wedding and I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Originally Posted by nsg4729 

Hi Ladies - We leave tomorrow morning! Wahoo....finally!

Right now, we are just packing and praying we don't have to pay a mortgage in luggage fees - lol!  I haven't spoken to my on-site coordinator Kalena in weeks, but my locations are booked, so I'll just worry about the rest when we get there.  I have everything printed out for what we requested and when, so hopefully all goes well.  I stopped looking at the weather report because it was driving me crazy - lol!  Otherwise, I am just hoping for a wonderful occasion and I will check in when I can to answer any questions you ladies may have that I can help with!

#5432 taylorabigail

taylorabigail
    • 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by stefn1218 

OMG information?! So it DOES exist now....! If you wouldn't mind, is there anyway you could forward me that information? I've been anxious to get SOME estimate of a budget for this thing (we really want to do a trash the dress shoot, but dont have any idea what will be left - if any- now that things have changed so much for 2013) THANK YOU! snimmagadda1@gmail.com

Someone just replied to my post saying she was able to pick the Tucan Beach, so I'm assuming there are choices....just not sure how to find out? I have a map of the grounds and there aren't any specific areas on the beach with names....

Hi Yes of course i'll send you the info I have in an email shortly.

#5433 taylorabigail

taylorabigail
      • 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

OMG information?! So it DOES exist now....! If you wouldn't mind, is there anyway you could forward me that information? I've been anxious to get SOME estimate of a budget for this thing (we really want to do a trash the dress shoot, but dont have any idea what will be left - if any- now that things have changed so much for 2013) THANK YOU! snimmagadda1@gmail.com

Someone just replied to my post saying she was able to pick the Tucan Beach, so I'm assuming there are choices....just not sure how to find out? I have a map of the grounds and there aren't any specific areas on the beach with names....

i'm getting an error from the email provided above, is it correct?

#5434 AlmostMrsRJF

AlmostMrsRJF
        • 89 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

To the recent brides - Did anyone travel on airtran?  What did you do with your dress?

I just got off the phone with Airtran and the rep said that they don't have a place on the plane where I can hang my dress except for maybe by the cockpit.  I don't want to take that risk that I can't hang it up.  My dress shop said that they would pack it in a carry-on suitcase, but that doesn't even sound possible.  I'm honestly not sure that it would fit.  I have also heard of brides laying their dresses flat in an overhead compartment, but I'm pretty sure we have a full flight and I know most people avoid baggage fees whenever they can. 

Do you ladies have any suggestions?

#5435 stefn1218

stefn1218
          • 89 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

hmm, i think it is but i have so many doubles in my last name i cant tell on this screen! :) here it is again snimmagadda1@gmail.com

if that doesn't work, can you send me the info through the private message? or maybe PM me and i can send you a message so you'll have my email? i am so sorry this isn't easier bc you are doing me a HUGE favor! If it's too much of a pain, i totally understand. I mean, you're planning a wedding :)

#5436 stefn1218

stefn1218
            • 89 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

hmm, i think it is but i have so many doubles in my last name i cant tell on this screen! :) here it is again snimmagadda1@gmail.com

if that doesn't work, can you send me the info through the private message? or maybe PM me and i can send you a message so you'll have my email? i am so sorry this isn't easier bc you are doing me a HUGE favor! If it's too much of a pain, i totally understand. I mean, you're planning a wedding :)

sorry, i mean PM me your email address and i could respond that way

#5437 Renewing32

Renewing32
              • 161 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

To the recent brides - Did anyone travel on airtran?  What did you do with your dress? I just got off the phone with Airtran and the rep said that they don't have a place on the plane where I can hang my dress except for maybe by the cockpit.  I don't want to take that risk that I can't hang it up.  My dress shop said that they would pack it in a carry-on suitcase, but that doesn't even sound possible.  I'm honestly not sure that it would fit.  I have also heard of brides laying their dresses flat in an overhead compartment, but I'm pretty sure we have a full flight and I know most people avoid baggage fees whenever they can.  Do you ladies have any suggestions?

I flew Airtran for my first wedding and the flight attendants it put my dress in the captains closet. If its in your budget, it may be worth it to upgrade to first class to make sure. Flight attendants are usually always accomodating for brides.
                Just as stir crazy as my first wedding!

#5438 LurkerDan

LurkerDan
                • 61 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

What have folks done for rehearsal? I know that many have a "rehearsal dinner" but every rehearsal dinner I've been to was just a dinner, whereas my fiancee is expecting to actually rehearse. Did you actually rehearse, with the wedding planner there?

#5439 taylorabigail

taylorabigail
                  • 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

it's no problem. i've resent & it seems to have worked - let me know if you havent received anything!

#5440 shan0487

shan0487
                    • 1,393 posts
                    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

I am curious about this as well! I was told by one bride before that you have to pay a couple hundred dollars to actually do the "rehearsal".  Total waste of money in my mind- people know how to walk down the aisle.  :)   What did everyone else do?  I currently have about 40 guests for my wedding in Nov and want to have something at Moon Palace the night before- more of a welcome/reherasal dinner.  I think I have too many people to just do a reservation in one of the restaurants.  I have unlimited private events, but I don't want it to seem like the wedding reception.

Originally Posted by LurkerDan 

What have folks done for rehearsal? I know that many have a "rehearsal dinner" but every rehearsal dinner I've been to was just a dinner, whereas my fiancee is expecting to actually rehearse.
                    Did you actually rehearse, with the wedding planner there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users