Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#441 krsmith

krsmith
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

Wow sounds like you have been busy! I'm sure planning a baby shower is about as crazy as planning a wedding! LOL I actually have not looked into airfare yet...another thing I have yet to do! I haven't even booked our own rooms yet or opened up the room block! YIKES I'm behind! 

I have a feeling they will probably be pretty terrible...for some reason I never thought that Vday would be peak season. Dumb I know! I am originally from MT, and the airfare for some of my relatives there is CRAZY! At one point I saw $700+ round trip per person! Which is why my parents are planning on driving over to Seattle and flying over with us. They will save quite a lot. Unfortunately I don't think everyone can do that. I guess we will see if our TA can get us a good deal on airfare! I hope so!!

Originally Posted by merrylee 

Well yesterday we had a successful baby shower for FSIL, so now that I don't have to worry about diaper cakes and games, I can get back to focusing on wedding DIY fun.  So this week I need to get my YEAR TO GO postcards finished up because it will really be 1 year to go next weekend. Holy schnikes.  So excited, and we ended up asking FMIL and FSIL and FBIL yesterday which invitation they liked better because FI and I needed that 3rd unbiased opinion.  It is the same wording but just different printing style.  So after we get our postcards out we will have to work on our invites that I want to get out next month so people will start booking when airfares are available.

Kelly how are your airfares looking for Valentines Day?  

#442 krsmith

krsmith
    • 528 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:54 PM

Coco- Thanks lady! 

I seriously wish I was getting married in April too so I could be down there when all you ladies are there! You guys are the best!!! 

#443 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:40 PM

Beatyea,

Try www.amsols.com  they have different colors and the amounts are reasonable.  I think I posted pics of the ones that I ordered as a sample.

Originally Posted by beatyea 

Hey girls-

Does anyone know the best place to get maracas for favors?

#444 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
        • 2,136 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

My fellow 2012 Brides,

We mailed our save the dates yesterday (from Philadelphia) at 12 pm.  Low and behold, people from PA, & NJ called, text, or commented on the website.  Wow, that was really early, I never imagined that they would get them in 1 day.  So my other folks from TN, CO, Germany etc... should receive theirs mid to late in the week.  So excited! 

I think I'm going to have some wine tonight...BTW these braces are killing the back of my jaw.. ugghh... but as someone said on FB.. I'll have a sexy smile LOL

#445 JLCarrera

JLCarrera
          • Site Supporter
          • 52 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

My fellow 2012 Brides,

We mailed our save the dates yesterday (from Philadelphia) at 12 pm.  Low and behold, people from PA, & NJ called, text, or commented on the website.  Wow, that was really early, I never imagined that they would get them in 1 day.  So my other folks from TN, CO, Germany etc... should receive theirs mid to late in the week.  So excited! 

I think I'm going to have some wine tonight...BTW these braces are killing the back of my jaw.. ugghh... but as someone said on FB.. I'll have a sexy smile LOL

You have been one incredibly busy lady! Can't wait to see the engagement pics. Are they are on your website yet? Haven't had a chance to check-sorry! You definitely deserve the wine! Please share your guests' comments - we all know that they will be impressed.  Celebrating all that you've accomplished so far and wishing I had half as much done. Lol.

#446 JLCarrera

JLCarrera
            • Site Supporter
            • 52 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by krsmith 

Hello Ladies!!!!

I feel like its been AGES since I have been on here! My FI and I went on a little trip to Orlando, FL that we have had planned for nearly 9 months! Before that I had some hectic work and life craziness. I can't believe it is already mid April! HOLY COW time has already gone by fast! I haven't done anything wedding related in at least a month either....I'm starting to feel behind. 

How are all your plans going? What are you working on? Any DIY projects? 

Hope everything is going smoothly! :)

Welcome back! You were missed! I'm right there with you, Lady - I'm starting to feel a little behind. I too, didn't realize that Jan - March is the high season. I previously posted the group rates I was quoted. Little worried what others will think.  We've never expected to have a very large group, but I don't want people (especially the FIs family) to think that we don't want them there. As you and I have shared - some folks have already voiced the "Isn't Mexico too dangerous" concern. I will be paying our TA the hotel accommodation portion this Friday. Yay! Our flight prices are not available yet, but I will share with all of you so soon as they are available. Let us know what the TA was able to negotiate for all of you. Sending positive "economical" vibes your way!  Here's to finding great air fare prices!

#447 merrylee

merrylee
              • 687 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:25 AM

I am so excited, my OOT bags are coming today from Oriental Trading, very excited to see how they look.  We went with a canvas tote bag, I'll post pics later.  I will get twelve bags and right now I only need 2 :P  so i figure I'm probably good, because I honestly don't think I will get that many couples to go and if I do I know that I'll be able to order more.  So we will have to see.

I almost wish that it was closer so I'd have everything figured out and done already.  I haven't even gone looking at dresses yet.  It is very upsetting, but I don't think I'll like how I look in one so I keep putting it off.

#448 beatyea

beatyea
                • 288 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:20 AM

Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

Beatyea,

Try www.amsols.com  they have different colors and the amounts are reasonable.  I think I posted pics of the ones that I ordered as a sample.

#449 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
                  • 324 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:24 AM

Hey ladies,

I am almost at my one year to go mark... whoo! Save the dates/invites are gone and people are starting to book this week! I found out my BFF is pregnant though so she is going to have a 4 month old at the wedding - not ideal but as long as she comes I'm happy! I have 2 little kids anyways so it's a very family friendly wedding!

I havent gone dress shopping yet either... I wanted to lose some weigh first but so far I havent done anything to start losing weight lol! I think I am going to go to the US to dress shop because prices are SO much more reasonable!!

I am starting to make a DIY list so that I can start working on stuff but its hard when I have NO idea how many people are going to come!!

#450 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                    • 2,136 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:47 AM

JlCarrera,

Thanks so very much.  I've been on top of things (as much as we can) so that things won't get lost or put off as we are preparing to move into our new home. I knew going in that the month of May and early June would be quite for us as we get settled.  So now we can let people book their trips  and answer any questions from our potential guest.  And put our efforts into decorating our new place ;-)  The next big thing is finding the "Wright" Dress.. and in my case choosing between my top 2 number 1 dresses.  I won't venture into this until June/July.

As far as our engagment pics, they will be on my site as soon as I get them which will be late next week.  However; I should have some "sneak peek" pictures by the end of this week. I'm too excited. 

Originally Posted by JLCarrera 

You have been one incredibly busy lady! Can't wait to see the engagement pics. Are they are on your website yet? Haven't had a chance to check-sorry! You definitely deserve the wine! Please share your guests' comments - we all know that they will be impressed.  Celebrating all that you've accomplished so far and wishing I had half as much done. Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users