Jump to content

Recommended Posts



Hello!  I read somewhere they can deliver OOT bags or info thru the bell boys...I think it was $3 per room.  Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

Okay, so I heard back from my Miami Coordinator with more answers to my questions!  And it looks like since I sent her about 30 questions total, that she's forwarded me to my Wedding Coordinator already!!  cheer2.gif Does anyone else have Claudia Fonseca as their WC? 

 

Her answers are in blue.  I feel like on some of these answers that other people have recieved different answers - for instance, questions 6 and 7!!  I thought some brides have said they've been told they could apply Resort Credit towards wedding aspects, i.e. videography, etc.  Also, I thought day passes allowed people to also use food and drinks at hotel for the day as if they are a guest? 

 

Again, the copy paste feature combines a couple of words, so I hope you can decipher it.  Hope this helps someone!! xoxo

 

 


1)  How much is it to book aPresidential Suite for a week under the membership?  How much per night?  Isthere a 3 night minimum for the Presidential Suite?  Please be advised that as per your membership the minimum and maximumthat can be reserved in a presidential suite is 7 nights. The rate for thepresidential suite is $ 5718.02 based on 4 people minimum, 2 per room.

 

 2)  If the above room block becamefull, would we able to make another room block?  Pleasebe advised that you may add more rooms to the link. Please feel free to emailme if you need more rooms.

 

3)  What date must our guests book byto secure accommodation? Please be advised thatthe link will be available to the guests up to 2 months prior to the ceremony,after this date the rooms are subject to space and availability. 

 

4)  I was under the impression thatthere is a 2012 promotion where kids stay free.  Is this true?  If so, whatages stay free? Please be advised that kids 12and under stay and eat free during the months or June, July and August.

 

5)  Do guests need to put down adeposit?  Will this deposit be refundable if a guest does not use theaccommodation?  What are the payment options for guests (for example, are theyable to pay 20% at time of booking with the balance due 2 months beforedeparture..... or can the balance be due upon arrival)? Please be advised that the link will require the full payment,this is the main reason why the reservation link is available for so long.

 

6)  How do off site guests purchaseday passes?  How many hours are the day passes good for (at what time may theycome in and at what time do they need to leave)?  And are they allowed the sameall inclusive services as any other guest during that day (for example, canthey eat and drink wherever they want at Moon Palace)?  Will this still be thesame in Feb 2012? Please be advised that youwill only be able to purchase 20% of the guests staying at our property on daypasses. For example: If you have 20 guests they you will be able to purchase 4day passes. These day passes will allow the guest to attend any function forthe wedding and nothing else.

 

7)  My understanding is that theResort Credits can be applied towards Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon, UpgradedWine Selection, Romantic Dinner, Room Upgrades, & Palace WeddingCollections.  Is this true?  Could we also use Resort Credit towardsvideography, fireworks, and the horse & carriage?  What else can the resortcredits be applied towards? Please be advisedthat the resort credit can only be used for the following: Tours, Golf, Spa,Beauty Salon, Upgraded Wine Selection, Romantic Dinner, Room Upgrades, &Palace Wedding Collections

 

 

 8)  Could any of our guests, if theychoose, apply their credits towards our Wedding Collection?  Could they applytheir credits towards any of the other options as a gift for us (for example, aromantic dinner for the bride and groom, spa for bride and groom, videographyor fireworks for bride and groom, etc.)? Pleasebe advised that the resort credits cannot be shared between rooms and they donot apply towards wedding extras. 

 

9)  Do the resort credits apply toother Palace resorts?  For example, would someone be able to go to the AventuraSpa and use resort credits towards the spa services at that location? Please be advised that the resort credit can only be usedat the resort that you will be staying. 

 

10)  Dalia Vazquez Saldivar from MoonPalace shared with me about the memberâ€s Advantage promotion.  From whatI understand, for each minimum 3 nights booked through the membership, $100would go towards my parent's membership for them to use.  My parents have saidthat they would like us to be able to use each of these $100 earned towards ourwedding.  How exactly would this work?  Would the $100's be cash towards ourroom?  Credit towards the room?  Please beadvised that any rooms reserved from a minimum of 3 nights to a maximum of 6nights will qualify under the advantage promotion, which the members will receivea credit on their membership of $ 100.00 for each room under this promotion touse for a future reservation. Please be informed that this cannot be usedtowards the wedding collection nor a current room. all rooms under thispromotion have to complete their stay first before the credit is applied underthe membership to use for further reservation.


 

11)  We have talked about the AddedValues program.  I have more questions about it - will our guests and us (brideand groom) qualify for the Added Values (listed below) even through bookingwith the membership?  If so, and we end up qualifying for complimentary nightsthrough this program, are we able to apply our complimentary nights towards anyroom - including Presidential Suites? 

-15 room nights:Complimentary cocktail(hour?) after ceremony

-30 room nights:Complimentary cocktail(hour?) after ceremony, 2 complimentary nights for bride & groom (+$20 pernight)

-60 room nights:Complimentary cocktail(hour?) after ceremony OR complimentary upgrade to private function, 4complimentary nights for bride & groom (+$20 per night)

-75 room nights: Unlimited privatefunctions, 7 complimentary nights for bride & groom, complimentary roomupgrade for bride & groom

 

Pleasebe advised that these amenities only applies towards the bride and grooms room,no one else. Please be advised that no Imperial, Incentive or Complementaryweeks apply towards the wedding collection, so any room using any of thepromotional weeks will not count towards your wedding amenities. If the brideand grooms room has one of these weeks applied towards their room the complementarynights will not be applied and they cannot be transferred to another room. Allrooms that are booked under the membership qualify for the amenities for yourwedding as well, please find the listing of amenities below, in order for areservation to qualify they must be booked from minimum of 3 nights and payingthe membership rate, in order to qualify for your amenities, the use ofImperial (free weeks), Incentives (discounted weeks) or booking outside of thislink will not count towards the amenities of the wedding.

 

 

12)  Are airport transferscomplimentary for us (bride and groom) and our guests since we would be bookingunder the membership?  (I know someone whose wedding was booked undermembership and was able to get this for her wedding guests.) All transfers areincluded for reservations staying 7 nights 8 days or more, any reservationsmade for less time, transfers will not be included. Under the membership forreservations for 7 nights 8 days or longer, a massage, manicure and pedicureare included. (Not for less than 7 nights 8 days)

 

13)  Will the hotel be willing to putinformation in our guests rooms (for example, welcome baskets and letters thatthe bride and groom have brought, bottles of water from the hotel, etc.)?  Isthis complimentary? Please be advised that youwill need to speak with your onsite wedding coordinator for further details onthis. Please feel free to email her this questions as well as the questions forthe ceremony as she will be the one assisting you with the wedding details: Claudia Fonseca.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After taking a three week hiatus with school and work I am back! You ladies have been so busy..and I am definitely behind lol. I think I'm going to work on OOT bags and invites this week..even though I am undecided on what exactly I want to do with invites rolleyes.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

welcome.gifSummer12 we are so very happy to have you join our forum and hope that this like many other forums are helpful.

 

Happy Planning
 

Originally Posted by summer12 View Post

Hello ladies!  After endless hours I have officially read this forum from page 1-126.  No I can finally introduce myself, although I feel like I already know some of you :)  I'm getting married June 10, 2012 at 6 at moon palace!  Thank you all for the advise you have changed my outlook on planning this wedding- for the better :)



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


welcome.gif Summer!!  Best wishes for your planning!  :)

 

Coconoir - fabulous advice.  Doing so now!
 

Originally Posted by summer12 View Post

Hello ladies!  After endless hours I have officially read this forum from page 1-126.  No I can finally introduce myself, although I feel like I already know some of you :)  I'm getting married June 10, 2012 at 6 at moon palace!  Thank you all for the advise you have changed my outlook on planning this wedding- for the better :)



 



Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post


I haven't heard of her however; I requested Kalena or Valeria specifically.  I got Valeria so I'm excited.  Post the name on the 2010 & 2011 MP brides to see if anyone had her.



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did you ladies actually get your on-site WC assigned to you?! I feel like I have been pressing for this and they keep telling me "90 days before the wedding date". What did you ladies actually say to get one so early? I'm not even THAT far from 90 days! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For your question about booking- your guests only have to pay a 2 night deposit and can pay the rest upon arrival....I don't know why she told you they had to pay in full!  Because my guests are only doing the 2 nights!
 

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

Okay, so I heard back from my Miami Coordinator with more answers to my questions!  And it looks like since I sent her about 30 questions total, that she's forwarded me to my Wedding Coordinator already!!  cheer2.gif Does anyone else have Claudia Fonseca as their WC? 

 

Her answers are in blue.  I feel like on some of these answers that other people have recieved different answers - for instance, questions 6 and 7!!  I thought some brides have said they've been told they could apply Resort Credit towards wedding aspects, i.e. videography, etc.  Also, I thought day passes allowed people to also use food and drinks at hotel for the day as if they are a guest? 

 

Again, the copy paste feature combines a couple of words, so I hope you can decipher it.  Hope this helps someone!! xoxo

 

 


1)  How much is it to book aPresidential Suite for a week under the membership?  How much per night?  Isthere a 3 night minimum for the Presidential Suite?  Please be advised that as per your membership the minimum and maximumthat can be reserved in a presidential suite is 7 nights. The rate for thepresidential suite is $ 5718.02 based on 4 people minimum, 2 per room.

 

 2)  If the above room block becamefull, would we able to make another room block?  Pleasebe advised that you may add more rooms to the link. Please feel free to emailme if you need more rooms.

 

3)  What date must our guests book byto secure accommodation? Please be advised thatthe link will be available to the guests up to 2 months prior to the ceremony,after this date the rooms are subject to space and availability. 

 

4)  I was under the impression thatthere is a 2012 promotion where kids stay free.  Is this true?  If so, whatages stay free? Please be advised that kids 12and under stay and eat free during the months or June, July and August.

 

5)  Do guests need to put down adeposit?  Will this deposit be refundable if a guest does not use theaccommodation?  What are the payment options for guests (for example, are theyable to pay 20% at time of booking with the balance due 2 months beforedeparture..... or can the balance be due upon arrival)? Please be advised that the link will require the full payment,this is the main reason why the reservation link is available for so long.

 

6)  How do off site guests purchaseday passes?  How many hours are the day passes good for (at what time may theycome in and at what time do they need to leave)?  And are they allowed the sameall inclusive services as any other guest during that day (for example, canthey eat and drink wherever they want at Moon Palace)?  Will this still be thesame in Feb 2012? Please be advised that youwill only be able to purchase 20% of the guests staying at our property on daypasses. For example: If you have 20 guests they you will be able to purchase 4day passes. These day passes will allow the guest to attend any function forthe wedding and nothing else.

 

7)  My understanding is that theResort Credits can be applied towards Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon, UpgradedWine Selection, Romantic Dinner, Room Upgrades, & Palace WeddingCollections.  Is this true?  Could we also use Resort Credit towardsvideography, fireworks, and the horse & carriage?  What else can the resortcredits be applied towards? Please be advisedthat the resort credit can only be used for the following: Tours, Golf, Spa,Beauty Salon, Upgraded Wine Selection, Romantic Dinner, Room Upgrades, &Palace Wedding Collections

 

 

 8)  Could any of our guests, if theychoose, apply their credits towards our Wedding Collection?  Could they applytheir credits towards any of the other options as a gift for us (for example, aromantic dinner for the bride and groom, spa for bride and groom, videographyor fireworks for bride and groom, etc.)? Pleasebe advised that the resort credits cannot be shared between rooms and they donot apply towards wedding extras. 

 

9)  Do the resort credits apply toother Palace resorts?  For example, would someone be able to go to the AventuraSpa and use resort credits towards the spa services at that location? Please be advised that the resort credit can only be usedat the resort that you will be staying. 

 

10)  Dalia Vazquez Saldivar from MoonPalace shared with me about the memberâ€s Advantage promotion.  From whatI understand, for each minimum 3 nights booked through the membership, $100would go towards my parent's membership for them to use.  My parents have saidthat they would like us to be able to use each of these $100 earned towards ourwedding.  How exactly would this work?  Would the $100's be cash towards ourroom?  Credit towards the room?  Please beadvised that any rooms reserved from a minimum of 3 nights to a maximum of 6nights will qualify under the advantage promotion, which the members will receivea credit on their membership of $ 100.00 for each room under this promotion touse for a future reservation. Please be informed that this cannot be usedtowards the wedding collection nor a current room. all rooms under thispromotion have to complete their stay first before the credit is applied underthe membership to use for further reservation.


 

11)  We have talked about the AddedValues program.  I have more questions about it - will our guests and us (brideand groom) qualify for the Added Values (listed below) even through bookingwith the membership?  If so, and we end up qualifying for complimentary nightsthrough this program, are we able to apply our complimentary nights towards anyroom - including Presidential Suites? 

-15 room nights:Complimentary cocktail(hour?) after ceremony

-30 room nights:Complimentary cocktail(hour?) after ceremony, 2 complimentary nights for bride & groom (+$20 pernight)

-60 room nights:Complimentary cocktail(hour?) after ceremony OR complimentary upgrade to private function, 4complimentary nights for bride & groom (+$20 per night)

-75 room nights: Unlimited privatefunctions, 7 complimentary nights for bride & groom, complimentary roomupgrade for bride & groom

 

Pleasebe advised that these amenities only applies towards the bride and grooms room,no one else. Please be advised that no Imperial, Incentive or Complementaryweeks apply towards the wedding collection, so any room using any of thepromotional weeks will not count towards your wedding amenities. If the brideand grooms room has one of these weeks applied towards their room the complementarynights will not be applied and they cannot be transferred to another room. Allrooms that are booked under the membership qualify for the amenities for yourwedding as well, please find the listing of amenities below, in order for areservation to qualify they must be booked from minimum of 3 nights and payingthe membership rate, in order to qualify for your amenities, the use ofImperial (free weeks), Incentives (discounted weeks) or booking outside of thislink will not count towards the amenities of the wedding.

 

 

12)  Are airport transferscomplimentary for us (bride and groom) and our guests since we would be bookingunder the membership?  (I know someone whose wedding was booked undermembership and was able to get this for her wedding guests.) All transfers areincluded for reservations staying 7 nights 8 days or more, any reservationsmade for less time, transfers will not be included. Under the membership forreservations for 7 nights 8 days or longer, a massage, manicure and pedicureare included. (Not for less than 7 nights 8 days)

 

13)  Will the hotel be willing to putinformation in our guests rooms (for example, welcome baskets and letters thatthe bride and groom have brought, bottles of water from the hotel, etc.)?  Isthis complimentary? Please be advised that youwill need to speak with your onsite wedding coordinator for further details onthis. Please feel free to email her this questions as well as the questions forthe ceremony as she will be the one assisting you with the wedding details: Claudia Fonseca.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My TA gave me two options, either pay two nights at booking and the rest upon arrival, or pay $50 deposit per person and the rest is due 60 days before you travel. But I think these options were only available because she used her wholesaler instead of going directly through the resort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies,

 

I totally don't deal with my Miami Coordinator, Janina Mendoza (who has been good) since I was assigned my Moon Palace "Assistant Coordinator" the next step before my coordinator I gather.  So in my usual line of questions to have things in writing I simply asked.  She stated that she would check into this and get back to me....and when she did she stated that I had Valeria as my MP wedding coordinator.  Having your MP coordinator to me is not that big of a deal and truly can wait for the 90 days mark since most things are done at your meeting and there turnaround time to respond to emails are slooooooooooooowwwwww so I have read. 

 

I think (my opinion of course) is that the biggest thing to have locked down, even before 90 days are your wedding locations.  After this everything else is easy... 

 


 

Originally Posted by krsmith View Post

How did you ladies actually get your on-site WC assigned to you?! I feel like I have been pressing for this and they keep telling me "90 days before the wedding date". What did you ladies actually say to get one so early? I'm not even THAT far from 90 days! 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×