Photo

Mastercard Wedding

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 DWBride615

DWBride615
  • 852 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:24 AM

This is crazy! I've just recently heard this, but apparently it happened years ago:

(quoted)

"For anyone who feels they've been invited to too many weddings lately have a laugh. This is actually true. It was in a local newspaper in South Carolina and even Jay Leno mentioned it on the Tonight Show.

This is a true story about a recent wedding that took place at Clemson University. It was a huge wedding with about 300 guests.

After the wedding, at the reception, the groom got up on stage at the microphone to talk to the crowd. He said that he wanted to thank everyone for coming, many from long distances, to support them at their wedding. He especially wanted to thank the bride's and groom's families for coming and to thank his new father-in-law for providing such a fabulous reception.

To thank everyone for coming, bringing gifts and everything, he said he wanted to give everyone a special gift just from him. So taped to the bottom of everyone's chair, including the wedding party, was a manila envelope.

He said that this was his gift and told everyone to open their envelopes.

Inside each envelope was an 8x10 photo of his best man having sex... with the bride.

He had gotten suspicious of the two of them and hired a private detective to trail them weeks prior to the wedding.

After he stood there and watched the people's reactions for a couple of minutes, he turned to the best man and said, "F*CK you!" He turned to his bride and said, "F*CK you!" Then he turned to the dumbfounded crowd and said, "I'm out of here!"

He had the marriage annulled the first thing that Monday morning. While most of us would have broken off the engagement immediately after finding out about the affair, this guy goes through with it anyway, as if nothing was wrong.

His revenge:

1) Making the bride's parents pay over $32,000 for 300 guests for a wedding and reception.

2) Letting everyone know exactly what did happen. And, best of all...

3) Trashing the bride's and best man's reputations in front of all of their friends and their entire families.

Elegant wedding for 300 family and guests -- $32,000
    Photographers for the wedding -- $3,000 Deluxe
    Honeymoon accommodations in Maui for 2 weeks -- $8,500
    The look on everyone's faces after seeing a photo of
    the Bride and Best Man having sex -- Priceless!!!"

*~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#2 Princess402

Princess402
    • 737 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

All I can say is OMG! That's so terrible and hillarious all at the same time!!!

#3 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
      • 1,098 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

Not true ladies! I thought so too, but it did the email rounds and I got suspicious, so I checked it out on Snopes. Here's the link that explains how this is just an urban legend:

http://www.snopes.co...ss/bothered.asp

Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
        Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
        http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
        Leftover Wedding Items FS:
        http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#4 skadow

skadow
        • Banned
        • 1,853 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

The first thing I thought of was how bad I felt for the Brides Parents for paying so much. I think its cuz everyday it seems like my wedding is costing more and more!

#5 JKL_WeddingMexico

JKL_WeddingMexico
          • 130 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:04 AM

Thats crazy.

#6 Teira1031

Teira1031
            • 766 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:38 AM

That is amazing!

#7 islandbride317

islandbride317
              • 1,866 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:42 AM

If it were true (thanks Lucy for putting my mid at ease and pointing out that it is just another variation of an urban legend!!), I would have felt terrible for the GROOM more than anybody!!

Not only would he have just lost his best friend, he would have also lost what he thought was the love of his life....I cannot imagine and I would have been just as vengeful! 

Again, if it WERE true, I would have said GOOD FOR HIM, and his promiscuous bride should have figured out who she really wanted to be with before she said YES to his proposal!  SHE and the BEST MAN would have gotten exactly what they deserved -- and yes, it would have been a shame that her parents were out all that money, but they should have raised their daughter with a little more dignity, respect and class then!! 

#8 MysTea

MysTea
                • 559 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:59 AM

I remember that!!LOL..terrible...

**Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

#9 CBREWSTER

CBREWSTER
                  • 190 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:51 AM

I was thinking OMG who would do something like that.

#10 Valentine_Baby

Valentine_Baby
                    • 452 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

I think it is awesome - even though it's not true - good for him!!! They deserved and I am sure that the bride would be handed the bill for the wedding from her parents . . .still makes me laugh when I read it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users