• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:22 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this. It's completely unfair. Hang in there!

#12 AishaB

AishaB
    • 2,350 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

Chris, I am so sorry for your loss. God be with you and your family. My deepest condolences.
      BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#13 yeya99

yeya99
      • 111 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:46 PM

Im really sorry for your loss. I lost my last gran dad too before our big day. Remember that your papa is in heaven and will be smiling down on you every step of the way.

#14 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
        • 301 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

So sorry to hear this, but keep your chin up.
          He'll be looking down on you always <3

#15 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
          • 1,131 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:05 PM

So sorry for your loss.
            http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
            ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#16 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
            • 394 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

Chris,

I am praying for you and your family during this time. I was raised by my grandparents, so I know best how special grandparents are. Your family has already endured loss with great suffering. God knows how painful it is to standby helplessly and watch the suffering. Maybe this time, He knew that this was the best way (for everyone) to take your Papa to heaven.

When I lost my 11 year-old son to cancer two years ago, I went through so many emotions - and I still do. Whenever I have bad days or hit rough spots, I think of great memories to bring me back around. I also consider what a great kid Sam was, and if I was God, I would have picked him for the Angel Corral too. Your Papa will never be far from you because his spirit always lives on in your memories and your heart.

Don't let anyone tell you how to grieve or how long you should grieve. It's a very personal matter and we all heal in our own time. Lean on God - He will comfort you and promised that His strength is made perfect in your weakness.

#17 mdb

mdb
              • 190 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:52 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Please hang in there. Missing him won't get any better but it will get easier to cope with. I"m thinking of you and your family during this difficult time

#18 MSBRANDI

MSBRANDI
                • 124 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:16 PM

i am so sorry for your loss. when my grandfather died i was out of town. i felt like i never got the opportunity to say good bye. just know that you always have support.

brandi

#19 jajajaja

jajajaja
                  • VIP Member
                  • 9,794 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:22 PM

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. A loss of this magnitude is always so devastating. While you and your family are in pain now, take comfort that he went peacefully and he is now related with his love. In the meantime, I hope it gets easier for you. I'm sure he knows just how much you loved him.
                    Happily married since 2008

#20 mlabbe

mlabbe
                    • 784 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:01 AM

So sorry Chris, it's always devastating when things like this happen. There is comfort that there was no pain or suffering, but I'm sure that it doesn't help much right now... hang in there! My thoughts are with you and your family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users