MRR16
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:41 PM

I am.

#72 ablj209

ablj209
    • 218 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:09 AM

Fi and I are paying for the wedding.  When I started dress shopping, I had gone out to a few stores with FI's mom and by MOH (they live in a different city than my parents).  We had seen a few that I liked, but the sample of one I was looking for was way too big, so I had to look around at some other stores to see if anyone carried it in a smaller size.  It's hard to judge the overall look when the dress is 10 sizes too big and clamped here there and everywhere.  So my mom and I went out to a couple stores in our city.  She told me straight up that she was paying for my dress.  I wasn't expecting her pay but I was very grateful she made the offer.

#73 mrsgreene2011

mrsgreene2011
      • 307 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:25 AM

My mom and dad paid for my dress. She and my dad are also going to try to help with the wedding. I am so thankful for my parents and all of their help!

#74 sonyaj

sonyaj
        • 150 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:26 AM

I'll pay for my dress. No offers yet from anyone else (my Mom's in a different province so can't dress shop with me :(

#75 PrincssScorpion7

PrincssScorpion7
          • 81 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:06 PM

I finally brought my dress today!

#76 shelbygirl

shelbygirl
            • 186 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:42 PM

I just ordered and paid for the dress. My mom is giving me $1500 to spend how I choose. I used it towards my dress.

#77 Avens

Avens
              • 576 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

When we announced our engagement and destination wedding my dad promptly transferred us $5000 to make sure we could pay for our trip.  When I picked out a wedding dress my mom volunteered to pay.

My FI family hasn't mentioned anything yet, which surprises me.  But we're just planning things as if we're paying, and if they want to contribute then hooray!

#78 soontobemrsdow

soontobemrsdow
                • 250 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:54 PM

My dad said he would pay for half of my dress but then my sister was in a bad finacial situation so the money for my half of the dress went to her. Luckily I didn't go overboard and buy a super expensive dress!

#79 hamme

hamme
                  • 194 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:26 PM

My parents have always said they will help me with my wedding but once we are engaged I plan to go "dress shopping" in my home town with my mom and sister- try on a ton of dresses and then surprise my mom by trying on her gown. I hope it fits and is properly preserved because I would love to wear it with some minor changes. I remember her saying that my sister or I could change it if we wanted but neither one of us ever pursued it. I'm assuming she wont suspect that I want to wear it. sneaky sneaky :)

Anyways- if I can't wear it for whatever reason I will use the money they give me to pay for the dress because I feel sentimental in that way.

#80 chell44

chell44
                    • 202 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:38 PM

I would be hurt too, but maybe she plans on surprising you with some other bug expense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users