127 replies to this topic

#61 Sjnovot

• 154 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:06 PM

i did

#62 niajs

• 214 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:32 AM

We're in a bit of a different situation as both sets of parents are contributing a certain amount which is in our "fund" so we're actually physically paying for everything without knowing from whom it's coming from.

#63 katierenae

• 117 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:12 AM

I am in no way old fashioned, but I still think the bride's fam should at least offer to pay for part of the dress or accessories.  When you have a daughter, you should have at least 18 yrs to prepare for her wedding day!!

#64 clgriffi7

• Banned
        • 630 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:28 AM

I am with niajs - my parents are going to contribute some money to the wedding fund so they will have paid for part of everything.

#65 Lua

• 1,231 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:02 AM

i paid for my dress on my own.  actually FI and I are paying for everything on our own (although we believe his parents will be helping out with the AHR).  as for my parents, I had the choice 4 years ago to either have $ to help out with a wedding, or use the $ to help out with a down payment on my house.  owning a house is more important to me so I chose to get the help with that instead.

#66 magirl

• 198 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

My mother is paying for my dress, I didn't expect this but she insisted they wanted to help out. I know they can't afford much and so since my dress is less than 300 i said ok. Now she feels she helped and I get my dress.

We are otherwise paying for everything else ourselves.

#67 Islandgirl910

• 594 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:28 AM

My fiance are funding our wedding ourselves, because our family doesn't have much. My wants to help out any way she can afford to.  But even so if my mom is only able to afford a pair of shoes for me, I'll be thankful. Just her presence alone would make me happy. I do plan on paying for my dress myself. I'm not looking for a dress that's going to cost an arm and a leg either. I just want something that is stunning, brings out my shape, and makes me feel beautiful like that bride I'm destined to be.

#68 AfricanVenus

• 328 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

My mom surprised me by purchasing my dress the day I went to try it on. Putting on the dress didn't make me cry, but that gesture truly did. She said she and my dad wanted to go half on it, but decided the night before to purchase it for me. I'm still in shock!

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
                  Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#69 6ftht

• 62 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

My mom and dad!

#70 proti007

• 467 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:04 PM

Ooooo this one's a toughie....in as much as "times have changed" I cannot imagine my parents NOT paying for the dress. This has always been the expectation, as they were always the ones who said they would. When my parents were in town a few weeks ago, they DID buy my dress. However, this is the ONLY contribution they are making to the wedding, as my FI and I are paying for everything else. If I had to pay for my dress myself, I definitely would not have been looking in a different pricerange, and would not have ended with the dress I got, and love :) Thanks Mom & Dad!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users