Moon Palace Wedding Coordinator Questions
Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:08 PM
To make a comprehensive list of questions that you have asked, you need ask, you wish you would have asked...you get the idea. There are so many creative minds on this forum, I'd hate to go away thinking, "I should have asked about that," when I'm at the resort and it's obviously too late.
The other reason is so that those of us who are still in the planning stages can just put all of our applicable questions on one email to the WC, instead of having a lot of back-and-forth messenging. Maybe getting the questions list all up front will free up some time for them, and they can respond to us much quicker. (It seems that a lot of us have experienced some level of frustration with some WCs being slothful about responding.)
I am asking everyone to copy and paste their questions. I'm not sure if including the answers is a good idea, since things seem to change regularly. Additionally, many past brides have stated that when it came time to finalize the bill, the email dialogue between them and their WC saved some time and expense.
I am posting this link on threads for MP 2008-2011 brides. Thanks for contributing!
- Eadrianne1990 likes this
Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:57 PM
You have plenty of time.. I have asked a ton of questions.. if you need help let me know, but your planning with ur WC cannot start yet.
Lots of luck
Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:50 PM
C'mon, MP Brides Past and Present, help us out!
Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:00 PM
Here are some things I have asked:
1. I have already decided on having a private function at the Terrace Venado. I also know that Moon Palace Resorts does not allow outside vendors inside the resort. Can you give me a breakdown on the available reception decorations and its cost?
2. I have seen some reception decorations that I really like in the website's optional services photos. In addition, I am also interested in having fire dancers at my reception. Is there a way that you can accommodate this?
3. I know that part of the Emerald package includes a restaurant reservation for 35 people. Can I have this reservation on July 17th, the day before my wedding for my rehearsal dinner?
4. According to your promotions, guests can receive free unlimited tours to Chichen Itza. I am planning some form of excursion for my guests. How can we avail of this promotion? Can guests staying outside the hotel avail of this promotion too if they pay some kind of fee?
5. I have some guests who are staying outside the hotel. We are planning to hold a rehearsal dinner. Can they purchase a day pass for the rehearsal dinner too or is that only good for the wedding? Like the wedding which only limits guests passes to 20% of total number of guests, is there a limit too to the number of guests passes I can purchase for a rehearsal dinner?
I probably drive my WCs crazy with the amount of questions that I had. However, all of them were very obliging and answered my questions really well.
Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:02 AM
Q: How many roses are in the complimentary Bridal Bouquet and what colors are available?
A: About 20-25 roses and you decide the color of the roses. There are ivory, hot pink, light pink, yellow, orange, white, red.
Q: What is the cost for rose petals and how many are included per bag? What colors are available?
A: $35 USD and it will be good enough for 20-25 guests. There are ivory, hot pink, light pink, yellow, orange, white, red.
Q: Is the Mexican trio a singing group?
A: Yes, they sing and play 3 different kind of guitars
Q: Does the Mexican trio and/or the Mariachi Band play traditional songs during the processional, the walk down the aisle, etc.?
A: They can play the wedding march, but they usually play Mexican music.
Q: Do you have samples of their music?
A: I have a CD of the Mariachi, but no samples of the Mexican trio. You can listen to their CD during our meeting.
Q: What is the cost per umbrella (for shade at the cocktail hour)? And How many will be needed for a group around 30?
A: $25/umbrella. 3 or 4 umbrellas for that size group.
Q: Can we mingle in the wedding Gazebo during the cocktail hour after the wedding?
A: I'm afraid gazebos are only for ceremonies. The cocktail will be set up on the terrace. If you prefer we can set up the cocktail in a ballroom too.
Q: Can substitutions be made in the hors dâ€™oeuvres menus?
A: We can not mix the menus. If you want I can only add one element from another menu to the menu you choose.
Q: Are there ballrooms available with windows?
A: The Aqua Ballroom is the only ballroom that has a window.
Q: If we choose one of the wedding packages, can we choose items (like bouquets or cakes) from different packages priced the same?
A: I am afraid we can not mix the items included with other wedding collections.
Q: Are plated meals available instead of buffet? What are the options there? Could each guest choose what they want off a pre-set menu?
A: I have attached the served dinner menu. Usually everybody eat the same. If you will choose different entr©es you have to tell me in advance the exact number of entr©e and make place card and mark them with colors so the waiters will know who is eating what.
Q: Can I get the layers of the cake in different flavors?
Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:51 AM
B Usually you select from his repertory but as we have time if you provide us with the sheet music he can be able to perform that song.
This is some of the songs he knows:
* El Ave Maria
* Jesu Joy of man´s
* Trumpet Voluntary
* Cannon in "D"
* Weddings March
* over the Rainbow
* Yesterday once more
* Beautiful Tonight
* hojas muertas...
Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:45 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users